midi setup ?

starfox

Can I run m-audio midi threw reason 3 into sonar 4. I'm having trouble setting it up. I have a tascam us 122 which I intend to run midi threw but I need a midi cable, right now I'm just using the controller via usb.
When I try to enable the midi track threw sonar I can see the device as a input but I get no sound. It asks for a patch and bank but I cant get anything to come up in the bank menu.

Also on my 44 key midi controller I am learning to play keyboard. when I play chords on the lower octives they sound terrible and almost out of key. I know I'm playing them right because I use a chord chart. Any explination on why this is happening. and does anyone know of some GOOD sites to learn to play jazzy funky stuff

starfox,

I don't get it clear, please bear with me. What controller do you have? Anyway you suppose to use your curent controller to control reason thru Sonar (not control sonar thru reason). Insert reason as DXi in Sonar, create MIDI track, and assign it's MIDI in to your USB controller, and it's output to reason (DXi).

When I try to enable the midi track threw sonar I can see the device as a input but I get no sound. It asks for a patch and bank but I cant get anything to come up in the bank menu

Well, if your curent controler appears as input, that's a good start! :) Now, you need to assign output to make some noise. From Sonar's menu, Insert --> DXi synth, select VSC (for example), it will open VSC. Read my post in this thread...

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=150618

Hope it helps,
;)
Jaymz

starfox said:
Also on my 44 key midi controller I am learning to play keyboard. when I play chords on the lower octives they sound terrible and almost out of key. I know I'm playing them right because I use a chord chart. Any explination on why this is happening. and does anyone know of some GOOD sites to learn to play jazzy funky stuff
Posting the same question in more than one forum is called 'crossposting' and it's big waste of time for both of us. You won't get any quicker or better answers to your questions --- just pick the most appropriate forum and post once.

I gave you some links to some excellent basic midi articles in the 'keyboard and sound module' forum.

Back