MIDI Playback Latency + Tracking Audio

Hello,

I believe I am fighting some latency issues while recording on top of my midi drums. For example, I arm my guitar track to record and I am playing along to the already recorded midi track (not bounced to audio). When I am done recording and listening back my guitar track is no longer synced with the midi drums during playback. I am using the latest version of StudioOne and a more than capable and new computer as well as a new interface.

I have messed around with the low latency monitor settings however nothing I select seems to yield an aligned audio track.

What am I doing wrong here? Is this a common issue? I never recall having this issue when I used ProTools.

You need to do a few experiments. You could have latency with the audio track of course, but when you say MIDI track, what do you mean? A MIDI track driving .... what? An external device via MIDI or USB maybe, or driving an internal VSTi type sound? MIDI rarely causes timing issues, but software synths certainly can because they use your CPU power. Does your system have a MIDI click? Always worth creating a simple midi click in the drum sound you use and then turning on midi click and seeing if these align properly. If the MIDI drums and the click are all playing 4 to the bar and are in sync, then the issue will be your recording is playing early? How odd.

A strange one - need some more info really.

Back