midi keyboard with pads or push + digital piano, what is better?

bassoonopera

Hello, I using Ableton and Fl Studio. IS making music mainly in a home studio, without live performance - main techno, deep-house.

I want buy a new device for my home studio:

• Ableton Push + digital piano like Roland FP 30 / Casio px 870
  • midi keyboard with past instead push like Arturia MK II 88
What is better? I mainly use keys, because I like playing a full composition on my keys and records it is in daw, and next working with its in daw, adding filters, mastering, etc.

Additionally question:

• Arturia is okay for long-term playing on the piano, like a digital piano? What is a midi keyboard also OK? I wanted to buy w native complete 88, but I heard that very often this device has problems with keys.
  • Is Arturia planning a new version of MK? MKII was released in 2019, next version when released?

If you use the sound of a roland or yamaha digital piano, it's rarely the best piano simulation - do you use that sound in techno and house?

I'd use a proper keyboard. If you are a real pianist, then 88 notes is ideal, but many use 61's quite happily. If you use Kontakt, then the mk 2 NIs are super and the only grief I have had with keys is when I dropped a monitor speaker on one and snapped it off. I fixed it and it's fine. I would certainly buy another, it's the best I have ever had for so many reasons.

I can't say which is best for you bassonopera, but I know what I like.
I love the Kawai MP11 and MP9500 keyboards I bought. They were high end and expensive.
The less expensive Kawai MP4 I bought is not so natural feeling.
My 5 octave Roland RD64 has a nice piano feel, and makes a good partner to the Integra 7, for all kinds of voices, and has the Roland joystick for bending.
All in all, I think that pianos do make good midi controllers.
I suggest you go try some at a store before deciding.
I bought a Novation Impulse 61, and an Alesis 61 key, and find they dont feel right for me.

Roland is crap. However it is nice crap. The finest of craps if you will.

cheapest way.. A plastic USB deck you like and..I used to be real picky with action. Now I just want full size keys..They are plastic, whatever.

Man, you could get a Roland Vintage MVS-1 for about a hundred on Reverb a while back. The MVS-1 and a cheap compressor on the outputs. Thats it. Youll have all the marquee samples from the hits..

Last edited:
Back