Mics and Synthesizers

Silverdart

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows if you can plug a Microphone into let's say, A Korg Karma, and process effects and reverb on it in real-time, and then send it out through to an amp..let's say at live shows or something. I was really interested in getting one for this reason.

Don't know about the Karma, but the Fantom X can do this. That's what I have. Although most keyboards don't have an XLR input, so you'd need an XLR to TRS jack.

YAMAHA Motif has. I have Motif 6 Classic. :)

Specification Detail

A/D Res. 24bit
Analog Inputs 2 TRS (mic/line)
Analog Outputs 4 TRS (Main L/R, 1/2 assignable), headphone
Aux Returns n/a
Built-in Arpeggiator Yes
Built-in Effects Yes (2 insert, 5 band EQ, over 140FX types)
Built-in Sequencer Yes, (110,000 notes)
Digital Outputs 1 Toslink
Dimensions 41-1/4" (W) x 15-5 /8" (D) x 5-1/4" (H)
Expansion 3PLG boards, AIEB2(6 TS,S/PDIFcoax/opt), mLAN8E
Freq. Response n/a
Keys 61
MIDI Filtering n/a
MIDI I/O in/out/thru
Multi-Timbre 64
Notes USB, Smart Media 3.3V
Piano or Synth Action Synth

KORG Karma does not. I own both. :)

Is there a better keyboard for editing waveforms and doing effects like this ? A local music store here has the Karma for $950.00. So I don't know if I should just look around on ebay for A Fantom X or Motif, or whatever would be better. Wouldn't I lose sound quality from using an XLR to TRS cable ?

bsr2002 are you a Yamaha rep???? :)
XLR and TRS are both balanced connections, and altough the XLR is the more secure connection, TRS is going to work just as good (Any difference in quality would be all but inaudible to the human ear). Buy a good cable though.
I don't think the Karma is what you are looking for. $950 is reasonable for a like new condition Ver.2 Karma (With software and all inc.).

hmm...well...should I go with A Korg Triton, or Karma ? maybe a Yamaha or something. I was looking on ebay, and for roughly the same price as a Karma, I could get a Triton Le, Le 88 or Triton pro 76, or Roland Motif. I dunno which one to get. :confused:

Back