Micing up amps for PA.

ecc83

Some of you might want to read the article about this in the current, September issue of
Sound on Sound?

Dave.

Cracked software and copy-and-pasting an article are hardly the same thing! :p

Wedges...Thin end of. Don't want to seem po faced about this but if a schematic say, is already in the public domain, on the web (by whatever means) I have little qualm in reproducing it.

I will not however post those schematics that I have been entrusted with nor "lift them" from a book or magazine that is currently available...Especially when you can purchase said magazine for a penny less than an infirm cephalopod !

Dave.

i quit using mics for live guitar cabs a long time ago...

i use a Palmer PDI-09,
it works perfect.

soundmen love it, once they understand it.

Wedges...Thin end of. Don't want to seem po faced about this but if a schematic say, is already in the public domain, on the web (by whatever means) I have little qualm in reproducing it.

I will not however post those schematics that I have been entrusted with nor "lift them" from a book or magazine that is currently available...Especially when you can purchase said magazine for a penny less than an infirm cephalopod !

Dave.

You could, however, rephrase what the article says so the conversation here is about micing cabs and not about paying to read articles.

So basically, what's in the article that would make us WANT to pay to read it? Some new outstanding method no one ever heard of before?

Last edited:
Oh dear!
I might just stop coming here at all.

Dave.

But then who will brainwash the n00bs? :laughings:

Oh wait, mjbphotos will still be here. Your cause will go on. :D

For real, settle down. Just post the stupid article, or fucking paraphrase it for those of us that don't want to buy that hideous tabloid magazine.

For me? I think....

Mad magazine has been consistently good.
Penthouse, Hustler, High Society, Juggs. All good reads.

Well - I've read it now, and it's just a well balanced article that suggests going beyond just slapping on a dynamic and doing the usual edge or centre tone choice. It goes back a bit and details Big Mick Hughes using AT 4050s on guitar cabs quite a few years ago - and although the article doesn't mention it, they used to be foam lined and sit with their mic in the dock for isolation, if I remember correctly. I suspect the author went on the same course that I did where Mick was one of the visiting experts.

There's nothing earth shattering about the article - it's just suggesting widening your attitudes to miking guitar cabs, that's all.

Copying and pasting it is a bit pointless, because if you want to read it in full, like I did (because I have been a reader since they started the mag) you already have a subscription. If you don't wish to read the article in full, then that's easily sorted. I suspect pinching an entire article is morally and legally out of order for this forum to contemplate. Rightly so!

Back