Melted Brain

NPON

Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong thread but I want to get opinions on this before my head explodes :mad:

Problem is my interface seems to bypass and completely ignore headphones when monitors are jacked in.

I have a Motu 8Pre interface, KRK Rokit 6 Powered Monitors and Logic 9. I set the audio output in Logic to the Motu then set the stereo default output on the Motu to Phones 1-2 instead of Main 1-2, with the monitors on and headphones jacked in, it only plays back through the monitors with zero signal in the headphones(even with the default out set to Phones).

If the audio signal was coming through both the monitors and headphones, I'd just turn the monitors down but I still get nothing from the headphones when the monitors are off with the default set to Phones on the interface.

Turning the system pref. sound output to the Motu on my mac with the default out set to Phones 1-2 with the monitors on, open iTunes, audio comes through the headphones bypassing the monitors as expected, this just doesn't happen in Logic.

Logic seems to be ignoring the Phones 1-2 setting completely.

Help is much appreciated and greatly needed :) This is a problem for future recording.

The Motus Default Output is set to Phones 1-2, headphones are put into the Phones output on the Motu, zero audio comes through when in Logic

I tried routing everything to the specific Phones output on the interface in Logic, still nothing

Did the Motu 8pre come with any software? Like a control panel for the interface? Try finding something in there, whether it be routing, or selecting which outputs your device recognizes.

I've tried changing the only output the interface recognizes to the Phones 1-2 output, it's fine outside of Logic but doesn't work when I'm recording or playing back audio in Logic

Back