Meatloaf

There are still places that make proper french fries over here.
In-n-out always freshly peeled, pressed through the fry press @ 3/8" sized fries. one tater at a time and boiled in hot pure vegetable oil on demand....I always order mine well done as that ensures they weren't sitting in the fry space for 5 or 10 minutes before hand...fried a little longer, plopped and salted and dropped in the bag within a minute. Can you say FRESH! Animal style burger ( without cheese please ) ...hold the pickles...replace grilled onions with whole grilled onion, extra tomatoes and diced yellow peppers...$3 and you have a little slice of Cali heaven

You can still buy them. Me mom had one in the 60's. I think ours did chips larger than half inch square though.
Yeah.. this one had interchangeable blade set-ups for various sizes. I was planning on painting mine fire engine red and using it for a living room conversation piece but when I moved in here I wasn't thinking straight and decided it was too heavy to mess with, so I donated it to a kitchen in a homeless shelter.

Do you lot in 'La La' land eat pies as in ...........steak & kidney pie, ..............steak & ale pie, .............steak & onion pie, .............chicken & mushroom pie, chicken & ham pie?

The filling is pre cooked and put in pastry. Then baked.

So the homeless guys are getting freshly cut fries and you're eating frozen crinkle cut from the grocery?

Orson, If I'm eating pie, it better be filled with cherries, apples, lemon, chocolate, etc. DON'T be throwing any kidneys, veggies, mushrooms or stuff in there! The closest I see is pot pie, which I find disgusting.

In-n-out always freshly peeled, pressed through the fry press @ 3/8" sized fries. one tater at a time and boiled in hot pure vegetable oil on demand....I always order mine well done as that ensures they weren't sitting in the fry space for 5 or 10 minutes before hand...fried a little longer, plopped and salted and dropped in the bag within a minute. Can you say FRESH! Animal style burger ( without cheese please ) ...hold the pickles...replace grilled onions with whole grilled onion, extra tomatoes and diced yellow peppers...$3 and you have a little slice of Cali heaven
Here in Florida, we've got it backwards.. our gas is $3.00 and burgers are $10.00. Hell, a plain burger, small fries and a small Coke at Five-Guys here is friggin' $18.00.

Reactions: TAE
So the homeless guys are getting freshly cut fries and you're eating frozen crinkle cut from the grocery?

Orson, If I'm eating pie, it better be filled with cherries, apples, lemon, chocolate, etc. DON'T be throwing any kidneys, veggies, mushrooms or stuff in there! The closest I see is pot pie, which I find disgusting.
:LOL: Only the best for our needy.

I only eat fries from the gyro restaurant down the street - they're the 1/2" variety and plenty are served up. I splash them with malt vinegar and enjoy.

Yeah, Five Guys has a good burger but for $7.50???? I can go to Kroger right now, buy 3 lbs of 80% ground beef, for $8.40, a package of buns for $2, a head of lettuce, and a couple of tomatoes for another $2, and have burgers on the grill every meal for the next week!

Reactions: TAE
One of you guys needs to post a recipe for Turkey meatloaf which would definitely not appeal to me.
Hold the fries for a separate thread. Lol

There are no 'magical' meatloaf recipes, so most will be very similar.

All the turkey meatloafs I've had were just as good as traditional.

2 lbs Ground Turkey
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Milk
4 Slices Soft White Bread
1 Large Celery Stalk
1 Large Carrot
1 Green Pepper
1 Small Yellow Onion
1 Pkg McCormick Meatloaf Seasoning

Break the bread into 1/2" pieces. Finely dice vegetables (finer the better) and throw everything in a large bowl. I mix with my hands, squeezing and squooshing until it gets like a thick paste. Pack it into a loaf pan and bake @ 375-F for one hour(190-C / Gas 5). Let cool to room temp. I let it sit overnight in the fridge for cold sandwiches later.

Like many, I enjoy on Wonder Bread with mayonnaise and black pepper.

Last edited:
I heard five guys is closing..
They're probably closing because their burgers aren't as tasty as homemade meatloaf.
The other four guys? McDonald's, Burger King, Wendys, and Sonic survive in spite of the fact that the burgers they sell suck, IMHO.

Lots of closures, and many have been bought up by a venture franchise group. But.. they're supposed to be expanding overseas. Hmmm.

Maybe they should switch their product to $20 pickup only coffee shops.

Here in Florida, we've got it backwards.. our gas is $3.00 and burgers are $10.00. Hell, a plain burger, small fries and a small Coke at Five-Guys here is friggin' $18.00.
5 Guys is expensive out here to...I like them a lot though...just too expensive and not that many near me...only one and it's at least 5 miles away....There are at least 4 in-n-outs within 2 miles and one of them is literally less than a 1/2 mile...and they rock.....

Yeah, Five Guys has a good burger but for $7.50???? I can go to Kroger right now, buy 3 lbs of 80% ground beef, for $8.40, a package of buns for $2, a head of lettuce, and a couple of tomatoes for another $2, and have burgers on the grill every meal for the next week!
Yep and for me there is nothing like a fresh homemade burger to set things right... One thing I like to do is chop up onions really fine and mix em in the burger and fry it slow and well done.....damn larapin good.

5 Guys is expensive out here to...I like them a lot though...just too expensive and not that many near me...only one and it's at least 5 miles away....There are at least 4 in-n-outs within 2 miles and one of them is literally less than a 1/2 mile...and they rock..... Paid $4.04 yesterday at Sams Club of course I get 5% back on the Sam's card so really @ $3.84 but I'm seeing $4.50 to over $5 at the regular stations...damn California.

Back