MATH

I think there are a lot of people ITT who are real keen on teaching that are simultaneously unwilling to learn anything.

You can't reason your way out of an idea you didn't reason yourself into.

It seems you have some reading to do on your own time. Learn more.
Reading up on Papal history would be a good start. It's zero wonder that Christianity and Islam parallel the Democrat and Republican parties with Judaism stuck in the middle again.

I think it's interesting that the author of the article substitutes "amplify" for "fund with public money."

I'm not axiomatically opposed to such a public expenditure, but suspect that like all other "investments" with other people's money, there will be a lot of grift going on.

Plainly understood, Citizens United finds that money is speech and the government lacks constitutional authority to prevent people from pooling resources to amplify speech, as corporations (and unions, and nonprofits) do. Good things and bad things flow from this reality, for people on both sides of the issue.

If a case comes before the court that brings a majority to decide that their decision was in error, then you'll get your wish. Did you read the court's decision and find it faulty?
I’m not a legal scholar, but I can tell you it was a 5-4 decision so smarter people than me agree with my position. In the dissenting opinion, Justice Stevens wrote "A democracy cannot function effectively when its constituent members believe laws are being bought and sold." I think that has become evident.

I’m not a legal scholar, but I can tell you it was a 5-4 decision so smarter people than me agree with my position. In the dissenting opinion, Justice Stevens wrote "A democracy cannot function effectively when its constituent members believe laws are being bought and sold." I think that has become evident.

It's become evident that the constitution should be ignored because a portion of the electorate can't achieve their policy objectives by fiat?

America is easily identifiable by the example it sets! Why do you think everyone wants to live here!?

Tell us you don't know many people that don't live in the USA without saying you don't know many people that don't live in the USA.

It's become evident that the constitution should be ignored because a portion of the electorate can't achieve their policy objectives by fiat?
Is that what I said? You understand the SC interprets the law, and does so subjectively according to the people on it? You understand that Citizens United itself overturned existing regulations that had been in place for a century? When something is overturned (like Roe), you claim to understand which ruling was the more constitutional one? I plainly said “failing that” in reference to whether it could be overturned. If it can’t, there’s other possible reforms. What has “become evident” to me is that we have politicians who can be bought. You disagree?

Last edited:

Someone please tell me that it's easy to see how today's political issues are nothing new or specific to GenZ...

In fact, the issues are as common and antiquated as 1+1... :cautious:

When are "progressives" ever going to practice what they preach about "equity" and "real change"?

Last edited:
Back