Master of Puppets (vocals by Sam)

man...I am still overwhelmed...

Hesitant to say this, for fear of sounding critical, but if this was NOT a cover song, I would say it would rank as probably the best rockin' home brew I've ever heard.

Cranky...you've got the covers mastered... I feel that if you can come up with this sound, make it your own, this is where people pick up and move, and form bands, and go on to a fantastic music career.

your B section gtrs... just a great sound.

and.... I gotta say this... I don't know why...
for all the "pros" out there that say you can't get a good sound at home, need "X" equipment, and blah, blah, blah... listen to THIS shit. And it aint even mastered!! (right?;) )

this dispells any negatives about direct guitars, programmed drums, $1000 mics.... This IS THE FRIGGIN" PROOF.... right here.

personally, I think the title of this forum needs to have this mp3 takes its place. ...I mean if you can take an mp3 file and make it a forum title... This way, people will know how good you can possibly get with home recording.

I just think Sam made this a whole lotta better, and I truly want to thank him for this. I mean, bad vocals could have ruined this. You did sound just enough pissed off on the vocals. Singing without shirt, eh? ... oops... I'm not going there... :D :D

And once again thank you guys, your comments really made my day :D Now I can sit back and enjoy the new years. I better go and get myself some booze now :D

And mixmkr, I'm blushing now (if I was a girl, that is :D ), but I agree. People talk on and on about "it was crappy because the guitar was cheap, the soundcard was crappy" and so on... I guess it's a matter of getting everything out of what you have available. Ahh, gotta stop the ranting and get me a drink :D

But, see ya guys next year!

if anyone was curious how the collab was done, Cranky sent me a 320 mp3 around 10a.m., I sent him back a VBR with the vocals mixed in around 6:30p.m...

Have a happy and safe New Year everyone!

If you get really drunk, just remeber every action has a reaction in equal but opposite force.. (the hangover) :D

Sweet!

Fucking sweet!

Very fucking Sweet!

Excellent attention to detail. I still haven't seen in the thread if these are programmed or played drums. JCMM said "You play them better than most 'real Drummers'" ...I'd say hell ya! They sound awesome.
World class stuff from BOTH of you!!!

That was some of the better "fake" drums I've heard aroond here... and pretty tight on the gits. Nice job. Not exactly my genre, but a good recording nonetheless.

WATYF

can you say FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!

i am fuckin blown away!!!!!!! cranky, DAMN!!!!!!!!! i know this song like the back of my hand, you fuckin nailed it!!!WOW!~!

and sam, dude you need to lose the shirt more often!!!!!!! you have put a sam twist on M.O.P.!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!! dude i'm feelin it!!!!!!

G SAID IT BEST......

BLISTERING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm lacking word's fuckinfuckedyfuck damn

Rick

CrankyOne said:
People talk on and on about "it was crappy because the guitar was cheap, the soundcard was crappy" and so on... I guess it's a matter of getting everything out of what you have available

This is a great quote.

One of the biggest obstacles we face is recording with the gear (or lack of) that we have.
Somewhere along the way you hear people on this bbs doing outstanding quality with less gear than we (or I ) have.
Eventually you buckle down and use what you have to its fullest.

I am guessing these are electronic produced drum sounds. I remember some of the monthly tunes you posted with some real intricate percussion and people (including yours truly) prodded you for some tips. If I remember correctly, you have a stash of downloaded drum sounds that you personally tweaked and basically encouraged us to try it ourselves.
While the sounds themselves are fantastic, its your ability to lay them out in a fluid, and "human" manner that really adds to your material.

My remark on the kick drum is probably my system.
Your stuff keeps improving, and a collab with Sam pretty much sets a standard of prowess, as well as credibility that will open things up for all of us.

I can only speak for myself but I find almost everything I hear in the clinic inspiring! People get it done a million different ways and the variety and originality is outstanding!!

Happy New Year !

Joel

that's right on the money, Joel.

In this forum, I am "nudged" to keep my wallet shut.

In the other equipment forums, all I do is drool and wanna spend money....

this forum is better for my health... not to mention the good music...what it does for the blood flow.

Sam...what will it take for you to sing naked (not that I'm interested!!:eek: )...but curious...!! sweaty balls...look-OUT!!

Hey, lets not get carried away here fellas. It's a fan-fuckin-tastic tune and all but I still want fresh gear.:D

Track Rat said:
Hey, lets not get carried away here fellas. It's a fan-fuckin-tastic tune and all but I still want fresh gear.:D

The curse of being a "Total Gear Slut"

:D

mixmkr said:
that's right on the money, Joel.
Sam...what will it take for you to sing naked (not that I'm interested!!:eek: )...but curious...!! sweaty balls...look-OUT!!

...how did that song go... hmm...

"Suck on my chocolate salty balls, put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em.
Suck on my chocolate salty balls, they're packed full of vitamins, and good for you, so suck on balls..."

:D :D :D

I would really like to comment on this, but my jaw just hit the floor and I cant get it back up!!!

HOLY SH*T

ROCK ON!!!

Yeah fellas...

....very very nice stuff. You guys should both be proud. Disregard the comment i made re: voc levels.....as i feared, it was my shite listening system. On my good stuff the levels sound spot on.
...Cranky, ......tight tight tight .......love that!!!!
,......... and a seeerioulsy ferocious vocal performance Sam.

.......MASTER! ........MAST......E.............R..........!

g

This is one of the best tunes Ive heard in the Clinic (recording and mxing and performance wise).......I dont think the vocal wasnt as present in the mix as Id like, but all in all, it kicks major ass......

Sam kindof sounds like the singer from Coal Chamber in some parts.

Background vox are fucking perfect.
Mix is great. Solo is perfect.

You guys make me want to kill myself.

CrankyOne said:
Ok, here goes. Sam was kind enough to sing some vocals for a Metallica cover I did. Tell me what you think. Rip it apart if you have to :D

:D AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!! :D

Oh...how I hate both of you:D . I've been downloading since monday:mad: . While i've never even heard this song before, you know what? I dont think I want to at this point. "This" is the "best" "mix' i've heard here in my three yrs i've been here. The "best" "performance"(and that's saying ALOT) i've heard. So fuck the both of ya:D

wow!... just...... fuckin wow!! Thats one super kickin ass tune..
you got that "bloom" on the drums (so natural sounding on the envelopes that I can see the batter stretch the head on the bass drum and the sticks ripple the heads on the toms) That snare is alive!. It`s beautiful. You one tight pickin muthafactor too...
Sam got lungs all the way down to his ass, and sounded so "in" to it I thought he was gonna friggin come out the other damn side!!!
I`m definately not an engineer and dont pretend to be, I`m just a picker and can hear a little. But, that is one superb mix. You have a touch bruther,..like no other.

Back