Marshall ValveState 8010

mtx records said:
How much are these worth used? i found on craigslist for 30.00 is that a ok deal?, i'm using it for recording....

I don't know how much of a deal it is, but hopefully you realize that having "valve" in the name doesn't mean there are tubes in it.

ggunn said:
I don't know how much of a deal it is, but hopefully you realize that having "valve" in the name doesn't mean there are tubes in it.

yeh i know that, i'm just looking for somthing that i can get a fairly good tone out of, so i thought marshall wouldn't let me down

Well the Marshall ValveStates are'nt exactly reknowned for good tone. But for $30 (that's not a typo, is it?) what have you got to lose? If its in good shape you could ebay it for at least that.

It's a 10-watt solid-state practice amp, btw.

I thought that the ValveStates at least had preamp tubes but I guess not. No wonder that name didn't stick for long!

The valvestates do have some tubes somewhere, its a hybrid. Those ones, the original ones, actually have pretty reasonable tone. Its the newer valvestates that aint so good, but even they have a tube in them.

I think that the 8010 is an all solid-state amp, while the bigger amps in the valvestate line do have a tube preamp.

Just to let everyone know, the tube in the valvestates run on a starved plate design. So the tube doesn't really even funtion like a tube should which is at higher voltages. My avt50 sounded ok but not for recording.

yeah man, i've got the 8040 with the 12 inch speaker..its got a tube on the distortion channel..i love its sound a lot, mines about 11 years old

vs65r

I have the VS65R (or something like that) which I picked up really cheap because the power switch was broken (which seems to be a common problem with those). I just jumpered it out and I use the power cord as a switch. :p

It definitely has a tube in the preamp. I really like the sound, regardless of the mode of operation of the tube. But what do I know, I used to have a Crate... :)

just to chip in on this one,,

i have a marshal vs8080,,,,,it's gone one ecc83 i think? definitely only one n e way,,,,,

it sounds really nice for older style warm tones,,,,

my mate has the mg100fx,and as much as i don't like it's modern tone,,,,,it does have a lot more balls!

btw ,,,i'm gona be recording guitar soon,,,using both of these amps similtaneously,

i know experimentation is the answer,,,but does anyone have anything to offer on two amp micing? is is a silly idea?

they'll be individual tracks in vegas,,,the idea being i'd have two good tones to play with,

cheers.

Back