Marshall AFD100 with power scaling

I kind of like those AFD heads. I don't have extensive experience with them, but when I come across one in a shop, I usually plug in. They look great. They kind of sound like a Jubilee and an 800 had a baby. Good sound, but that's it's only sound, and it's kind of thin. In AFD mode it does sound pretty close to the album sound it was designed for. I think #34 mode is a little more traditional gained up Marshall. Maybe I have them backwards. Can't remember. Whatever the case, that's like $3800 US. Holy fucking shit. Scratch what I just said. For that money you could buy three JCM 800s, mod one, keep one stock, and use one as a tv stand.

I've only heard them on online review videos and they sound pretty awesome to me. I'm not an afd tone chaser, by any means, but that sound would do me nicely.

I've only heard them on online review videos and they sound pretty awesome to me. I'm not an afd tone chaser, by any means, but that sound would do me nicely.

Yeah I feel the same way about the YJM. I can't stand anything about Yngwie, but his sig amp is pretty bad ass.

Now I see that an original afd100 went for £800 on eBay quite recently. That's a great price for what is essentially two amps in one. Now I'm gassing for one of these and a pair of creambacks for my 2x12 cab!

It's got his actual signature and a few extra bits of 'collectible' crap. And there's only a hundred of them.

It's got his actual signature and a few extra bits of 'collectible' crap. And there's only a hundred of them.

If I were to drop that kind of $$$ on an amp, they'd have to prove to me all the stuff that makes it collectible...Holy shit dude, the price of that amp head alone is more than my whole rig cost me, the DSL100, Chupacabra, 1960a, Bogner Red pedal, plus 2 - $150 speakers for the cab...

That's just waaaay too much $$$ for me dude, but to each his own...For that kind of money, I'd about have to have Saul Hudson come unpack it, sit it on my cab, hook the cables up, & dial it in for me....:laughings:.

I've read about the AFD amp, & from what I've read, it is thin sounding, but maybe you could dial it in to sound thicker??? I dunno, & I will probably never know unless I hit the lottery...lol...

If I were to drop that kind of $$$ on an amp, they'd have to prove to me all the stuff that makes it collectible...Holy shit dude, the price of that amp head alone is more than my whole rig cost me, the DSL100, Chupacabra, 1960a, Bogner Red pedal, plus 2 - $150 speakers for the cab...

That's just waaaay too much $$$ for me dude, but to each his own...For that kind of money, I'd about have to have Saul Hudson come unpack it, sit it on my cab, hook the cables up, & dial it in for me....:laughings:.

I've read about the AFD amp, & from what I've read, it is thin sounding, but maybe you could dial it in to sound thicker??? I dunno, & I will probably never know unless I hit the lottery...lol...

Yeah, it's a crazy price for the new collectors edition. I read a review where it can be thin sounding when you switch from the afd voicing to the #34, or whatever it's called, but if you dial it in like it's a different amp, then it sounds a lot better. If I could pick one up for the £800-£1100 I've seen them, it seems a pretty good deal for a twofer.

I bet it probably is thin for bedroom warriors that never leave their house with it or turn it up past .5. Play it loud like it's supposed to be played and I bet it doesn't sound thin at all.

But "the Slash sound" is kind of thin anyway. Maybe it does sound thin.

Back