Managing An Entrance Way

hookiefree

I have a 3x3' problem area in my control room. It's the lower left hand corner of the attached file and I'm trying to get some opinions on how I should treat it.

I have 14 sheets of 8lb, 2", mineral wool and 8 sheets of 4lb, 2". The blue rectangles in the corners represent 2 wrapped sheets of 8lb. The blue trapezoids are the double 8lb cut in half in the ceiling corners. The green rectangles are single sheets of 4lb to create a reflection free zone (also 2 sheets in the closet for vocals) and the white and green rectangles are the 4lb cut in 1/2 on the back wall and ceiling.

The problem is two fold:
1. I can't flank the entrace corner with a panel because of the door

2. The area is too small to fit a panel on the door and one on the wall beside it.

After treating the 1st three corners I'll only have enough 8lb to make 2 doubled panels with a half of a doubled panel left from on of the corners. My idea is to put the half panel on the door and have the whole panels flank the ceiling corners. Is this a good idea or should I try something else?

Thanks.
-Hook

Attachments

• studio traps.jpg
    studio traps.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 77
Electricladylnd has a good idea. Frame in another door across the 3' opening. That will make a sound lock or a vocal booth with 2 doors. Then you will have a complete symetrical wall across the back too.
fitZ

Yeah that IS a good idea. I don't want to have to build anything though. I will actually move everything to 2 rooms downstairs by next year. I am just looking for suggestions on where to hang the panels.

Back