Man I feel like just giving up sometimes

Yup......and how about tempo? Man....I've met many people....musicians and otherwise......who couldn't carry a beat in a bucket. It's not uncommon IME to find those who can't carry a beat also can't carry a tune. Maybe there's some connection there.

BTW...not to mention how many guitar players are out of tune and you have to tell them to tune up.

2 Cents worth of.......oh well.......that's life.....

Mick

hmm maybe those peeps who are tone def should get into punk an hardcore, you know just shout what they want. Be angry. Scream about not being able to sing. You can still make music if you really want to you know? everyone can. I made a couple of songs whereI just read my poems over the music cuz I could figure out how to fit a melody into it, don't give up

Why don't you at least try creating a melody with a synth? Try to keep it within the regular singer's range, with is usually from about A below the treble staff a to G above the staff. Most of it should be in the middle of the staff.

Remember that with vocals the trick is to find some catchy both tonally and rhythmically. Look for motifs that you can repeat as the chords change but first decide what key you are in and try to stay in the key. However, it is totally OK to change keys or to write outside notes in a melody. Just try it and see what you get.

Yeah I'm not sure you could get by without knowing the tempo, but I think you can get creative with pitch. Ian Dury and Lou Reed come to mind.

Back