Making a combo cab for my fender.

goldtopchas

Actually found some decent wood at Home Depot. Using some relatively cheap pine , but it almost looks like oak-really nice grain. Think I'm gonna' just clear it. It's coming along nicely. Not bad for a novice. Pretty fun too.

Not sure how...I have a digital camera, but I don't know how to "post"a pic. here. Can someone give me a few pointers. I know how to load it in the computer and e- mail, but that's all. Thanks!

After you load the pictures into your computer, you're probably going to need to edit them because of filesize limitations.

There is a free program on tucows.com called Photofiltre. I use it, it works great.

After downloading and installing the program, open it up and open the picture you are wanting to post.

You can change the image size at the Image box at the top of the screen. Then close the program and it will ask you if you want to change the resolution, drag the little bar down a bit until its where it needs to be.

It's a lot simpler than I just explained it. :o

Download and install the program and give it a whirl, if you want.

Hit post reply button first..then the manage attachments button next. Browse button helps you find photo on your computer, usually in your "my documents" folder. Then upload photo and post it! :D

goldtopchas said:
But how do you actually "attach" it to the post? I'm not real computer savvy.

When you go to post a message here, underneath the white box you type your text in is a box that will say Manage Attachments, click on that. Then click on Browse. Then locate the file from your computer that you want to upload and select it, then click on Upload.

Then Submit Reply.

Here is an example!

Attachments

• Uhhhh.jpg
    Uhhhh.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 174
Thanks...I bought it new in 80' It cost $636.00 w/tax. I still have the receipt.
It's pretty beat up and of course I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The amps are a 76' JMP Mark II 50 watt master vol. and a early 80's carvin x-amp that used to be a combo. I chopped it to use with closed back cabs.

Is that Carvin a bass amp and are those 2 15" speakers in the cab?

APL!!! Old Carvin gear here!!!!!

What Fender amp is it?

IronFlippy said:
Is that Carvin a bass amp and are those 2 15" speakers in the cab?

APL!!! Old Carvin gear here!!!!!

What Fender amp is it?

Cooooool.....

It's an X-amp, Early eighties. 100 watt 6l6's. It was a 1-12" combo before I decided it would be cool to have it in "head" format. They used the same thing in a "british" style head. That's a 2-12 cab w/ the original Carvin speakers. It fit's the head width perfect. That cab is really light...You can carry it by one handle if you want.

The Fender's a 65' super reverb. I'm putting new caps in it and "tweaking" it a bit. I got it in a pawn shop. Paid $180.00 for it and an old empty 2-12 fender cab. Someone "chopped" the 4-10 combo from it.....What barbarians we are. "This damn thing is too heavy!!!" "Where's my Black and Decker!!!"

PS: M22 humbucker in the Les paul too.

Last edited:
Wow, that Carvin amp reminds me of one of the earliest Carvin catalogs I remember seeing. On board graphic eq and all. :p

Back