made in japan stratocaster ?

Seriously, I've heard that Mr. Tortoise here is the only certified east coast jap strat disposal expert. Stuff like this should not be handled by amatuers.

ok

ok i will overnight it to you ......... he he ........ it seems to have quite a bit of mojo in it ...... after playing it for 5 mins i went home thought about it ..... the next day i bought it .... white on white maple neck system 1 trem sss ...... probably going to go for the white pearl pickguard so i can move the volume knob out of my way

I get a lot of guitars through part payment or the like and shift them on via various methods. About 10 years ago I got a cherry red Jap Strat. I loved it so much I still have it. Like the early squires some a real pigs but when you get a good one it's every bit as good as others three times the price..

It's one of only two guitars I still have that I didn't make myself. I told the wife it's for the kids when they get older as she can't afford one of mine.......

Your unlikely to see them rocket in value but it will hold value and give you many years of service.

I own one, it is a wonderful instrument. I think I purchased that particular guitar in 1985 or thereabouts. I bought two strats in that time period thus the gap in memory (plus other things that interfere with one's memory). I think the Jap Strats serial numbers beginning with EE. Don't know.

This question comes up from time to time on other forums, and the consensus seems to be that the MIJ and CIJ Fenders are very good quality, better in some cases than the American made models. Certainly good bang for the buck.

I have a CIJ '62 RI Tele that I like a lot.

1985 ?

the serial # is E500352 ... from what i have learned that should make it a 1985 ...... please correct me if i am wrong

Back