Mackie Onyx 400f gone wrong!!

Jayme

My mackie onyx is out of warranty, was working fine and then all of a sudden stopped working.
My computer won't recognize it anymore, even though all of the correct drivers are correctly installed.

The phantom power switch seems to be working but no other lights come on when I switch it on. I have also tried switching it on without connecting it to the computer, but still no lights come on.
Also, there seems to be a high pitch noise coming from inside the unit!

Please Help!!!

www.myspace.com/jaymegutierrez

I want to continue making music.

Mackie blackbird onyx bad driver support bad parts support

My mackie onyx is out of warranty, was working fine and then all of a sudden stopped working.
My computer won't recognize it anymore, even though all of the correct drivers are correctly installed.

The phantom power switch seems to be working but no other lights come on when I switch it on. I have also tried switching it on without connecting it to the computer, but still no lights come on.
Also, there seems to be a high pitch noise coming from inside the unit!

Please Help!!!

Too date Mackie have refused to provide driver support for the Onyx 400 f soundcard, this is a ridiculous state of affairs, please sign the petition to challenge this at
scroogle: petition onyx windows 7 driver support

This soundcard when new cost upwards from £800, an excellent soundcard, how many of us can afford to replace such equipment on a regular basis, more importantly how can our planet sustain a world that keeps making viable hardware obsolete.

Even if you dont own an Onyx 400f please support us that do

many thanks

soundfun

Scroogle: petition onyx 400f windows 7 support mackie

Here is some feedback from petition to date:

Comments: I2 weeks after I purchased this unit, Mackie stopped supporting it and now I'm stuck. Considering a class-action suit as this is not fair- please make a driver for win 7

Comments: Too sophisticated to live the rest of it's life as a brick. Come on Mackie, do the right thing!

Comments: Onyx 400 owner, however latest purchase was from AVID because of this driver issue.

Comments: If Mackie doesn<t release those drivers, the 400f will be the last Mackie product I will have ever bought

Comments: driver support for mac osx 10.6 also needed. I've bought many mackie products through the years but built in obsolescence by way of lack of driver update/support, made me think twice about further mackie purchases when I recently acquired a prism orpheus. (had considered onyx 1640i)

Comments: Yes, this is ridiculous. Just like their abandonment of Tracktion. I was in the market for a new audio interface recently, and quickly dismissed the Mackie units (no matter how well-featured they are) because I know that if Mackie stays true to form, the development of these units would stop within a couple of years. Shame, they do a good job with mixers and speakers... but for anything that requires software development, the user is quickly left in the cold.

Please sign the petition

google I petitions onyx 400f support petition

Mackie please sort this out !!!

scroogle: onyx 400f driver support windows 7 petition

I want to continue making music.[/QUOTE]

engine search onyx 400f drivers support mackie

google: mackie windows 7 driver support onyx petition

Mackie please sort this out !!!

Last edited:
to sign petition just copy mackie onyx 400f drivers windows 7 into your search engine or address bar

hug the world with sound don't bury it in beautiful hardware turned to junk through bad mackie practice

Back