Mackie Aux panned left??

nbtech_2001

For the life of me I can not figure this one out? I have tried to isolate equipment in the chain but I'm really leaning towards a broken or faulty Aux input on the Mackie 1620i. My chain goes as follows Mic source>Mackie Mic input>Logic>Back out of Logic into channell 13 for playback and monitoring. I plug my Samson Headphone amp MONO LEFT into Aux 1 input and use the aux to adjust how much of the playback signal is heard in the Talents headphones yet It comes out LEFT!!! A very weird thing is that I plugged directly into the Mackies headphone input and got a clear stereo signal although plugging headphone directly into the AUX I get only the LEFT side in my headphones:confused:

This did not happen when until I came back after one day and BAM I got this issue just before a paid session, ridiculous. The chords are TS I believe but also the same exact chords I used when it did work?

Thanks for light on this situation..

If I'm following you correctly, then it sounds like it's your headphone amp...

Plugging directly into the Aux OUTput will always just show up in your left side- mono output to the stereo input of your headphones.

Make sure that MONO button is engaged on your headphone amp, if it has one.

Why aren't you monitoring in stereo? Bring the Stereo outs from your interface into TWO channels (say 13 &14). Use Aux 1 for left on ch.13 and aux 2 for right on ch.14. Make sure your auxs are in PREfader mode!

Ok, so the Aux out supplies a Mono feed that's why I got thrown off. Great so its not the Mackie (More expensive) Then it's gotta be the Samson 8cue Headphone amp There is no Mono/stereo selection but there is a 2ch/stereo option. When I push it in to stereo I get a feed on both L and R on the phones but it's very low and mostly inaudible? I have the AUX out plugged in to the MONO input L on the Samson.

Oh, and the mackie1620i gets its stereo feed from Logic via Firewire so I can only monitor Logic through the board by pressing a button above channel 13 in which dedicates 13 a return from Logic. I then turn up the AUX on that channel to feed the headphone amp. Although I could probably have AUX 1 out feed L of the Samson and Aux 2 Feed the R for a stereo feed to my headphone amp?

I could probably have AUX 1 out feed L of the Samson and Aux 2 Feed the R for a stereo feed to my headphone amp?[/QUOTE]
Yes- do that

If you want a mono feed to the headphone amp use a 1/4" TS Y-cable to split the signal from the one aux into the two inputs of the headphone amp.

Correction: use a TS to TRS cable with the tip of the TS wired to both the tip and ring of the TRS. Put the TS end in the aux out and the TRS into the Samson's input.

Back