Mackie 808M Mixer/Amp

monsolo

Hey guys! I have a Mackie 808M mixer/amp... I know that channels 7 & 8 are for stereo inputs but is there any way possible to get stereo out of this amp? I simply want to run the left and right pre-amp signals out from my Harmon-Kardon unit into the 808M (through channels 7 & 8) and then out into my Bose 901's. I know it sounds stupid... humor me! I just wonder if there is any way to get stereo out of this thing? Or does every input, no matter if stereo or not, get output in a purely mono signal? Thanks!

Valid question - the Mackie info is somewhat confusing. What it does say is that there are two 1/4" speaker outputs 'per side'. The thing that indicates there is in fact stereo output is that each mono channel has a pan control.

Unfortunately, I think you're looking at the front panel of the 808S and not the 808M. The S-version does output stereo and has the pan controls whereas the M-version does not. After I posted last night, I took about three hours and did some fairly comprehensive investigation all over the internet and I fear I'm finding the same theme repeated everywhere: no matter what goes into the 808M, all that comes out is mono across both channels of the main output and the monitor output. Bummer!! Oh, well...

Sorry, dude, you are right - what I didn't notice was that the manual was for the whole series of PPM mxers. It does say on the Mackie mage 'mono' powered mixer.

You could separate your left and right to different channels ie. 1 and 2 and send one channel to monitor and the other to the mains. Then take monitor out and main out as your left and right.

Back