Mac vs. PC

Johnalex

I have done a search but have found nothing. I always hear that Macs are better for recording. I use a PC and I think it is great and see no problem with using PC's. I was wondering what are the pros and cons of each.

Oh no, not this again.:rolleyes:

Forget it...erase this post as soon as possible, it's newbie bait.

It's really just a matter of personal prefrence these days.

Now lets do the AMD versus Intel thing again!

jake-owa said:
Oh no, not this again.:rolleyes:

Forget it...erase this post as soon as possible, it's newbie bait.

It's really just a matter of personal prefrence these days.

Now lets do the AMD versus Intel thing again!

lol....Every BBS in the world has those.

Johnalex - There is no "better" anymore I don't think. I use both. Just depends on what you are comfortable with.

I read something in Sound-On-Sound stating that, recently, tests have been done comparing Athlons to Macs, and that the Athlons won. On top of that, Athlon based boxes are, like, one-fifth the price of a comparable Mac.

IMHO, there's no real contest between Macs and PCs, simply because of the huge price difference.

RichHead said:
Yeah you did...lol but mine was better! :)
True dat!

I like PCs for the reasons cominginsecond stated, but many old school media production guys will swear by macs to their graves.

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD!!!!!

Delete it, move it, print it out for posterity... just get it the fuck off my BBS!!!

haw haw haw. he he he. fun fun fun. Macs suck and are a waste of money. digidesign has got us by the balls and old graying baby boomer arsty fartsy hippie engineers are now too slugglish to rebel and learn how to use and build pc's. better yet i'd like to run over my mac with my 2" 24 track. It would make a nice "warm" crunching sound that way.

Re: PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD!!!!!

pisces7378 said:
Delete it, move it, print it out for posterity... just get it the fuck off my BBS!!!

Well I did'nt mean to get you all enraged...but maybe if your bbs had a little better search options then I would'nt of posted it ;) .

Re: PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD!!!!!

pisces7378 said:
Hee hee, I totally know where you're coming from dude but it's not your BBS.

What a grump.:rolleyes:

Back