M3500 Aux/Returns in Sequence?

rorohello

I have another dumb question regarding the M3500. Are these Aux and Effect Returns in series according to the number? Like if you want to have a signal hit a delay ahead of a reverb, you just place the delay on Aux 1, and the reverb on Aux 2?

Not sure about the m3500. But it on the older m520 I’ve always used the last 4 channels as stereo effects returns and used my aux for mono returns.

I don't think they're in a sequence the way you're thinking.

I can see two ways of stacking effects. First, just patch the output of the delay to the input of the reverb. Second, patch the output of the delay to a channel (or pair of channels) and use an aux send to feed the reverb (which is what I usually do).

I use an M2600, so my methods probably apply.

At my friend's studio where I use the M2600, there's a Roland SDE-1000. Since all the aux sends are used up for other things and I don't use the buses for anything, I use a bus send to feed the delay, then return it to a channel where I can apply eq, add reverb via an aux send and route it to any monitor mix. The drawback to the bus send is that it's on or off. But since I typically use it on one input at a time that's not a problem. I just use the return to control the level (and set all the aux sends on that channel to post fader).

Back