M-Powered in addition to my other stuff

producerkid

So....I hate my Firepod the more and more I track with it. The lack of a virtual mixer just flat out sucks, and the control panel software it has must be the least comprehensive thing I have ever encountered. Also, I never got as many system hangs when I had a PCI-based setup (Aark Q10). However, the POD does have decent pres and the converters dont suck but I just feel I could do better.

I've been looking at some of the RME interfaces which are really nice (performance and quilty being the top priorities in RME's design(s). However, I've also been toying around with the idea of getting Pro Tools for several reasons including the fact that where im from, thats alot of what I get asked. "Yeah you're stuff sounds good but do you use Pro Tools?". Getting soooo tired of that. lol.

Like I said, that's not the only reason for wanting to go to pro tools. PT has some cool gadgets that Nuendo (my current host platform) doesnt offer (beat detective among other things). Also, it seems to me that pro-tools plugin delay compensation is more reactive and the mix engine seems more solid.

So really, what I'm thinking of doing is tracking, editing, group-summing and "preparing" tracks for mix inside of Nuendo, then moving my tracks over to PT for mix and brush-up editing (using beat-detective, etc).

Does this sound feasable/like a good idea? Or should I go with the RME and stay with Nuendo full-time?

Do you think PT MPowered with a Delta 1010 would be a more stable mix setup than Nuendo with an RME card?

I'm really not biased either way, I'm not pushing for one option or the other. I just like to be flexible and be efficient. To me, having both Pro-Tools and Nuendo at bay seems like a pretty killer combination.

I've been looking at some of the RME interfaces which are really nice (performance and quilty being the top priorities in RME's design(s). However, I've also been toying around with the idea of getting Pro Tools for several reasons including the fact that where im from, thats alot of what I get asked. "Yeah you're stuff sounds good but do you use Pro Tools?". Getting soooo tired of that. lol.

First off, whoever said that is an idiot, I dont care who they think they are.

Also, it seems to me that pro-tools plugin delay compensation is more reactive and the mix engine seems more solid.

Are you serious? delay compensation in Pro tools? Have you actually ever used PT or Nuendo?

Do you think PT MPowered with a Delta 1010 would be a more stable mix setup than Nuendo with an RME card?

No way. Nothing M-Audio makes can touch the preformance and quality of RME. But if you're not doing post production av or broadcast, and you're just doing audio recording and editing then Cubase has everything that you need. Its exactly the same, in fact comes with more features for audio now than N4 (sans NEK).

Back