M-Powered Help with Plugins Registering

Guitardude324

Hello,

I'm a new ProTools user. I just bought an M-Audio Project Mix and M-Powered Pro Tools.

I installed everything on the Install DVD, including each of the individual Bomb Factory and Digidesign plugins, but when i open Pro Tools it says that i have to register these plugins and that my iLok doesn't register them.

I'm very confused...I thought these plugins were included free and should work just fine. How can i register them so I can use them in PT? I register the iLok online, but it only has the ProTools registration loaded on it. Is it supposed to have plugin registrations on it also?

I'd really like to be able to use these included plugins...plus, it's a pain hitting cancel for each plugin when it says I have to register it, when opening PT.

Thanks for any help!

P.S- this same thing happened to me about a year ago when I bought an M-Audio Firewire1814 and PT M-Powered, and it bugged me so much I bought Cubase instead...I really want to be able to have the added bonuses of PT, but it's off to a bad start already!

P.P.S- My registration card that came, to register the product online came with a registration code of only 8 digits, missing the last 4, so I can't even register the product on digidesign.com/reg! What gives!

Thanks!

Hmm, researching on digidesigns FAQ's, i guess those aren't demos or free plugins...poop, i'd have to actually buy them...damn protools for making me think those were free plugins included!

if they are Bomb Factory and Digi plugins they should have just been included. The Digi plugins shouldn't even require an iLok (unless that's a new thing Digi is doing in the past few months).

Did you buy your system from a respected retailer (in other words, somewhere that's not a site like ebay)???
All activation codes should have been included. If you have problems with your activation code for PT itself and you DID buy it from a respected retailer, contact Digi and tell them so. Get PT registered as soon as possible. This way if you have any problems with the plugs you can contact Digi tech support and they'll see that you have a legit copy of PT and will happily give you your correct codes again for any plugs.

Thanks for your reply.

I checked out the digidesign website FAQ's and this is what it says about what happened to me...

"All Digidesign plug-ins and software that require an additional purchase (and many from third-party developers) require an iLok license for authorization.*

When the Pro Tools application is launched, a message will appear for each plug-in or software option that requires iLok authorization if the license for that sofware is not found on an iLok connected to your computer.

Pro Tools installers and installation disks include various installers for optional plug-ins and software in order to allow existing owners of these options to install or update software for which they have licenses.

If you have installed optional plug-ins or software that you did not purchase, and you do not have an iLok license to use these items, you can remove the software using the instructions below. Once you do, the pop-up authorization message will no longer appear during Pro Tools startup. The procedure for removing the expired (demo) software is different depending on the software type and platform. Information on trial licenses is at the bottom of this page."

This leads me to believe that these certain plugins, are higher end Bomb factory ones that are not free, and would require me to purchase in order to authorize and use.

Also, here is a picture of the yellow registration card I recieved in the PT box...the last 4 digits seem to just not be printed on for some reason.

https://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6563/photo871jy6.jpg

I purchased these products from an eBay store, Audiophox, who has sold many other packages of the Project Mix and PT7...i checked out their feedback, especially on the item I was buying, and it was all perfect 100%...for the last 5 years they have been selling on eBay. They claim to be an authorized dealer and that I would recieve full warrenty.

Anyways, thanks!

Pro Tools M-Powered plug-ins include:

* Bomb Factory Essential Clip Remover
* Bomb Factory Essential Correlation
* Bomb Factory Essential Meter Bridge
* Bomb Factory Essential Noise Meter
* Bomb Factory Essential Tuner
* Bomb Factory BF76
* Bomb Factory Funk Logic Masterizer
* DigiRack Chorus
* DigiRack Click
* DigiRack DigiReWire
* DigiRack Dither, D-Verb
* DigiRack D-Verb-AS
* DigiRack Dynamics II
* DigiRack EQ II
* DigiRack Flanger
* DigiRack Invert-Duplicate
* DigiRack Mod Delay II
* DigiRack Multi-Tap Delay
* DigiRack Normalize-Gain Change
* DigiRack Ping-Pong Delay
* DigiRack Reverse-DC Removal
* DigiRack Signal Generator
* DigiRack Time Comp-Exp-Pitch Shift
* DigiRack Trim
* And more!

If you purchased from a dealer, then just contact them directly or Digidesign. They should be able to help you as long as you have proof of purchase.

Yup, those plugins in that list are working fine...i guess when I installed from the DVD it automatically also installed other, not-free plugins, such as many more bomb factory and digidesign ones, as well as a few focusrite ones.

I'm in touch with the dealer, thanks!

New Topic!!!

Hey, didn't think it would be needed to make a whole new thread...

Anyone know of some good, free videos, like on Youtube or something, for ProTools training/basics/tricks/hotkeys/etc...?

I want to learn this new DAW as fast as possible...I'm so used to the simple and straight forward layout of Cubase, ProTools is a jumbled mess and I don't know where to start!

Thanks

Back