M-audio firewire cable problem

Roaf

Dumbass
I just bought an M-audio Firewire 410 and the 4 pin adaptor doesn't fit the firewire port on my notebook. It looks like it should fit but the metal casing around the pins is too large to fit into the port. I tried to plug it into the iLink port on my camera and it didn't fit there either. The cable is the black one 4pin/6pin adapter. Has anyone else had this problem?

I can't answer your question, but I would advise that you post it in the 'computer recording...' forum where it would be more likely to attract the attention of someone who can.

Product Description

MAudio Firewire 410 Mobile Recording Interface
FireWire 410 is a FireWire-compatible audio/MIDI interface that has it all—power, flexibility, compact size and low price. Its 4-in/10-out configuration with preamps is perfect for personal recording, routing discrete outputs to a mixer, or directly driving a surround sound system. The on-board ASIO 2-compliant mixer and software control panel provide total routing flexibility—including monitoring with external effects. You also get ultra-low latency software monitoring and zero latency hardware direct monitoring—and two headphone outs with independent level controls let you collaborate with a partner anywhere, anytime. FireWire 410 can even be completely bus-powered for total mobile operation*.

Features
2 x8 24-bit analog I/O

192kHz output (output 1 and 2 only; 96kHz on others); 96kHz input

digital I/O w/ S/PDIF, AC3 and DTS (coax and optical)

1 x 1 MIDI I/O

powered via DC supply or FireWire bus*

dual mic/instruments preamps w/ gain control (66dB available gain) and phantom power

2 headphone outs w/ individual level controls

low-latency software monitoring; zero-latency direct hardware monitoring

analog outs can directly drive up to 7.1 surround

software-assigned level controller for tactile control of all input and output levels

2 convenient high-speed FireWire ports

* requires 6-pin FireWire port

Includes Maximum Audio Tools containing a great collection of software so you can make music immediately.

yeah...if it doesnt fit in your notebook its not a 4pin connection.

I would reccomend getting a PCMCIA Firewire card that has 6pin connectors on it.

Back