lxp-1 and lxp-5 issues

DuddyGuy

No good fer nothin!
Hi all, I just recently was given an lxp-1 and an lxp-5 and am currently experiencing some issues. Ive dowloaded and read the manuals off the lexicon site but am still running into confusion... i know these are old, but supposedly the lxp-1 can do some good sounds. hopefully someone out there is familiar with these units to guide me in the right direction.

My issue is no audio passes through regardless of which patch ive selected or my input mix or output settings. I know the units work as I saw the lxp-1 outputting at the guy's house. The signal overload red light is constantly on. Which from the manual tells me processor overload. I found a reference on the internet to someone else with a similar problem and it was easily resolved he said, but didn't go into detail, unfortunately the post was several years old and anonymous so I hit a dead end there.
If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated!

If both units are doing exactly the same thing then the problem's not with the equipment... it's somewhere between the rack and the chair... a carbon based failure.

I'd read those manuals a second time dude... sounds like your input cabling is good, but your outputs are connected wrong

negative, cables are connected correctly. green input led does not light either even though i can verify signal is coming through.

negative, cables are connected correctly. green input led does not light either even though i can verify signal is coming through.
I'm confused... green input led won't light but the red overload light is constant? let me search around...

... found this

noticed that whenever I turned the input knob, the overload LED would light up for a few seconds, then go off.

The fix was simply to clean out the pots with DeOxit until I was no longer getting the flashing overload LED when the input knob was turned.

and I'd suggest a hard reset on the unit... conflicting reports on that process... some said they knew how, but didn't offer the steps, and others said no reset, but removing the battery for 5 hours would bring box back to factory parameters... I posted a site in this forum that had hard reset parameters for lots of audio equipment, so you might want to search my post for that. (I'm supposed to be working)

just to be sure, how about telling us specifically what cables you have connected to what on the unit.

ah excellent lead thank you

just to be sure, how about telling us specifically what cables you have connected to what on the unit.

there is no problem with the cabling, i have double checked nothing is reversed and tested cables on other units. It is a very simple setup, I do not have the midi connected For testing purposes I have both used the channel send and receive off of track 1 on my board, send from board to mono input on box, output on box to rcv on board. Have also tried the stereo master out of my board to L+R inputs with monitors connected directly to L+R outputs. When using track 1 on my board i have tried all possible input output combinations, if only one plug is inserted into the unit it is supposed to automatically recognize a mono input and either output in mono if only one plug is connected to the output or stereo if there are two. issue is 100% with internal programming (or damage) of the unit(s).

as to the hard reset, i do not believe that it has any battery, but i will search for the mentioned post with methods to achieve a hard reset, my preliminary research suggests the closest thing i could do to that would be to reload factory presets into the box through midi.

I'm confused... green input led won't light but the red overload light is constant? let me search around...

no need. as i mentioned earlier, the constant red with no input indicates processor overload per the manual, I have a feeling i need to midi into it and change something in order to restore function I just dont know what.

no need. as i mentioned earlier, the constant red with no input indicates processor overload per the manual, I have a feeling i need to midi into it and change something in order to restore function I just dont know what.
Well... good luck then.

I'm not sure why you asked the question, if you already have all the answers.

Well... good luck then.

I'm not sure why you asked the question, if you already have all the answers.
exactly what I was thinking.
:D
If you're gonna immediately shoot down any suggestions because you couldn't possibly have done anything wrong, then it must be working properly.
Or we're not smart enough to be any help ..... either way what's the point of asking and why would anyone try to help any further?

I already have the answer to that one ..... they won't try to help again.

exactly what I was thinking.
:D
If you're gonna immediately shoot down any suggestions because you couldn't possibly have done anything wrong, then it must be working properly.
Or we're not smart enough to be any help ..... either way what's the point of asking and why would anyone try to help any further?

I already have the answer to that one ..... they won't try to help again.

good. i asked about the specific functions of a specific device. hoping someone with experience with said device could point me in the right direction, and one person did. broad general attempts at troubleshooting do not help.

I had exactly the same problem. Installed new power supply and the problem was solved. They are a little sensitive to the power supplies.

I had exactly the same problem. Installed new power supply and the problem was solved. They are a little sensitive to the power supplies.

ah this makes alot of sense, as the p.s's i was given were not the ones he was using when he had them hooked up.. the specs were close enough but ill go ahead and give this a shot thank you.

ah this makes alot of sense, as the p.s's i was given were not the ones he was using when he had them hooked up.. the specs were close enough but ill go ahead and give this a shot thank you.
Hmmmmm..... He replies as he quite nearly bites right through his tongue...

Back