Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palomino V16 (15w)

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Fender Blues Jr. 15w

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Other amp (please specify)

Votes: 37 50.7%

• Total voters
Yeah it's got wheels. I don't see why more people don't use full stacks. Rolling a cab is easier than carrying a combo! :D
lol ...... musicians often tell me I should have less gear and smaller gear.
I always tell them, "I'm not that lazy!" :D

Old people give old people a bad name.
I just about have to fight the pool people to carry my own bucket of chlorine to the car. "Oh sir ..... we'll carry that for you ..... it's heavy!"

I'll go, "No it's not and then I curl it all the way to the truck."

:laughings:

lol ...... musicians often tell me I should have less gear and smaller gear.
I always tell them, "I'm not that lazy!" :D

Old people give old people a bad name.
I just about have to fight the pool people to carry my own bucket of chlorine to the car. "Oh sir ..... we'll carry that for you ..... it's heavy!"

I'll go, "No it's not and then I curl it all the way to the truck."

:laughings:

Lol. Nice. I acknowledge that I'm just getting into guitar gigging again, but I don't find it a hassle at all to move my halfstack and pedals and shit around. I'm a fucking drummer. Been doing drum gigs for many years. Nothing is as big a pain in the ass as hauling and setting up/tearing down a drum kit. Guitar gear is a breath of fresh air.

Lol. Nice. I acknowledge that I'm just getting into guitar gigging again, but I don't find it a hassle at all to move my halfstack and pedals and shit around. I'm a fucking drummer. Been doing drum gigs for many years. Nothing is as big a pain in the ass as hauling and setting up/tearing down a drum kit. Guitar gear is a breath of fresh air.
no shit .... tons of hardware to tear down .... way time consuming.
The worst though are those drumbers that use a big single rack to hook all the hardware to. How the hell is that easier?

no shit .... tons of hardware to tear down .... way time consuming.
The worst though are those drumbers that use a big single rack to hook all the hardware to. How the hell is that easier?

That actually is a bit easier sometimes with a rack because all the clamps stay in the same place. All the tom clamps and cymbal arms are always there in the same spots. You just whip the legs onto the rack and start dropping shit into place. It's always the same. With stands, if you break them down for transport, you have to set them all back up, make sure they're all the right height, make sure they're all positioned properly, etc. Racks are big though. Even broken down the tubes of a rack system are long and bulky. They're fast to set up though if you have the space to haul it. I use memory locks and sharpie marks on my stands so I get pretty close to the consistency of a rack, but it's much easier to haul. It just takes longer to set up. It takes me about 15-20 minutes to load in and set up my drums for a gig. I usually do it off stage while the band before us is playing. My guitar shit is ready to roar in 5 minutes or less.

nothing beats the fender champs, I've got two, one modded to be as dirty as possible, and one to be a clean but not too clean, with an sm57 in front they sound great. I've modded the crap out of mine, including replacing all the transformers, some caps, most of the resistors and adding in a pentode/triode switch and DC filament to remove all the hum, all for dirt cheap compared to a 'boutique' amp and they sound as good as matchless now.

....'If you mod them, tone will come'

hardly a reason for some newb to get a Champ .. unless they have a bucket of money to do all the mods. Just replacing the trannies with something good will set you back $150.

I like Champs ok but unmodded they're not really any better than a lot of the other low watt amps.
And if you're gonna mod the hell out of them then you can also mod the other low watt amps and make them a lot better too so it's not a fair comparison.

I just ordered a Jet City JCA2212C. They supposedly have a similar sound to marshals and beat anything in their price range. Especially used. I will post up a clip when I have one.

I just ordered a Jet City JCA2212C. They supposedly have a similar sound to marshals and beat anything in their price range. Especially used. I will post up a clip when I have one.
I have their jet City Pico Valve but that's a pretty different design. It's pretty cool for distorted sounds .... a lot of variety.

Seems like a cool head. Between the Jet City and the Blues Jr. the other guitarist has a lot of ground should be covered for recording.

Back