• Fender Blues Jr. 15w

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Other amp (please specify)

Votes: 37 50.7%

• Total voters
silvertone1470.jpg

( Sears Silvertone 1470 )

40-50 bucks on ebay, followed by $75 amp-tech workover == killer sound

(I'm not mentioning the 5 or 6 other small amps I picked up around that time, but some of them are good, too).

This would *not* be suitable for gigging, unless your gig was in a small library, btw. The amp tech said he could coax about one (1) watt out of these.

Also, you have to time it right - the 50C5 power tube heats up to the point that the tone farts out after about 20-30 minutes - you have to turn it off and let it cool down after that.

but... *really good sound*

Also, you have to time it right - the 50C5 power tube heats up to the point that the tone farts out after about 20-30 minutes - you have to turn it off and let it cool down after that.
ORR-r-r-r you can stick a small fan back there and keep it going as long as you want.

I have two small gig amps...
* early 70's silverface Fender Princeton Reverb
* tech21nyc Trademark 60

I stopped taking the Fender out of the house (think I'm gonna sell it).
I use the Trademark 60 for my church gig, small gigs, and even recording sometimes. It has a clean channel and a dirty channel, but still sounds good with a processor pedal or a TS-9 or fuzz pedal. It also has an XLR output and a 1/4 inch headphone output that can be used for direct recording as well.

Anyone have any experience with Victoria amps? From their website, the are certainly pricy... I guess pixie dust is expensive stuff.

There's no pixie dust involved.

Victoria amps are handmade in the US just like the ones Leo made 50 years ago. There are no ICB's, just discreet components point-to-point wired.

Buy a kit and try building one yourself. See if you can build an amp as quiet and reliable as the Vickys are, at any price.

THD flexi 50 hands down. that thing can really achieve any tone. just get a avatar 1x12 cab or what ever size you desire and you are set.

PLUS

at 2 grand, most of these fellows looking for bedroom volume tube amps, just are not going to go there.

Another vote for Silvertone.

I have an old Twin Twelve that has seen a lot of use over the last couple of years. It doesn't work for everything, but when you're looking for that tone, it's hard to beat.

An amp no one has mentioned is the Marshall 1974x 18watt combo.

I have the 1974cx cab extension. It has a nice sound. My next amp will probably be a 1974x.

I have a Hughes&Kettner 5w with DI out which delivers a huge range of tones, it also runs a 4x12 Marshall Cabinet with enough volume to make a few jaws drop.

Yeah it's got wheels. I don't see why more people don't use full stacks. Rolling a cab is easier than carrying a combo! :D

Back