Looking for missing plug-ins

longsoughtfor

Searching for the sound
Hello - Couple of things: I am running Sonar 3.11 which I had upgraded from Sonar 2.x. I just got a new PC (running XP). I wanted to keep using the Timeworks plugins that came with Sonar 2 and I know that all of the patches are dependent on the previous version being installed. I figured I would have to install Sonar 2 first then 2.1 then 2.2 before installing the 3.x stuff.

When I went to install the 2.0 software, it said it could not find the right version of Direct X and that it would install that first... it did and when it was done, I re-booted to continue the install. It then did the same thing and keeps doing the same thing over and over. I gave up on the 2.0 install.

Meanwhile I'd still like to find the plugins... can anyone tell me the .dll names of the Timeworks Compressor ans EQ that came with 2.0? I still have the backed up directory of the 2.0 install on my old machine though I guess I might also need the registry entries for them to have Sonar see them...

Any thouhgts or help is appreciated.
Thanks
Kevin.

I don't know if you want to go back to installing Sonar 2, first; but the problem you describe sounds like a known issue with Sonar, and Cakewalk has a little utility to work around it: http://www.cakewalk.com/support/dx9.asp

That should let you install 2.0, and then you can upgrade as usual (I assume :D )

good luck!
MrBoogie

You shouldn't need to install 2.X in order to install 3.X. You will, however, have to install all versions of 3.X.

You should also be able to install the plugins supplied with ver 2, without having to actually install Sonar itself.

Boogie's got you covered on the DirectX issue.

Back