long overdue respect for producers, masters, engineers etc

cantthinkofname

i can't say enough how personally anyways i think producers, engineers, etc. don't get the respect & recognition they deserve, personally i'm not for recogniton myself, however, like to give it anyways, because those cats deserve it! how many faves do we listen to and never even once think of who's 'behind the music' other than the moonwalk or the face?

what i do love about most indie music is that you generally know who's behind the music, and its easy to send the respect where it deserves to be

It's one of the first things I look for on the liner notes of a CD, or years ago...an LP. I guess the "download generation" miss out on that sort of information.

It's one of the first things I look for on the liner notes of a CD, or years ago...an LP. I guess the "download generation" miss out on that sort of information.

Me too! That's why even though I've embraced the iPod world (& have for years) I never download. I buy the CD (or even LP) and rip it. But I have to have the actual product--see the artwork, read all the notes, etc. That's a big part of the ritual for me.

Last edited:

I used to. Until I found myself being immensely disappointed when I listened to a CD with a shit hot engineer working on it, and found that it made no difference once the execs had dug their oar in and had the thing brickwalled to shit.

It's been a long time since I bought a CD that I considered to be 'teh awesome'. Both musically and production wise. 90% of the time I am massively disappointed and I'm starting to get disillusioned with music. Recently I've just been listening to stuff I bought 15 years ago.

Me too! That's why even though I've embraced the iPod world (& have for years) I never download. I buy the (or even LP) and rip it. But I have to have the actual product--see the artwork, read all the notes, etc. That's a big part of the ritual for me.

Totally 100% agree with this. I like my CD collection. Even though it's all ripped onto my computer, I'd miss it if it wasn't there.

Back