Logic Audio Forum

Should there be a new "Logic Audio" forum added

• Yes there should be a new forum dedicated to "Audio Logic"

Votes: 171 89.1%
  • no there should not be a new forum added for "Audio Logic"

Votes: 21 10.9%

• Total voters
my guess is that the powers that be haven't read this thread....why should he?

if this were my website there would definitely be a LA forum....but of course it isn't.

i'm sympathetic, but only to a point, cause i don't use logic...

but, i am interested in it...:)

Im new to audio recording stuff although ive been interested in it a reading up on it for about a year and a half and soom im going to be getting Logic gold as part of my new home studio and a Logic Audio forum would be perfect to help me overcome any problems.
Cheers
Edward

Did you vite YES??

I think there were only 59 votes before you posted.

If you want the forum then you have to vite YES in the poll. So VOTE YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yesesesesesyes!

logic is hard to get into, but once you've worked with it you will be times faster than with cubase for example.
The power of logic is the flexibility of linking your software objects 1:1 to your midi hardware. Trying to work with 8 synths on cubase or cakewalk drove me cracy.

And the ever so popular thread rears its head yet again...

Logic 5.0

Logic Controler.....

COME THE FUCK ON GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

You could always post Logic questions/tips on this forum. A dedicated forum probably wouldn't mean any more Logic users on the board anyway, so it wouldn't make much difference in terms of getting your immediate problems solved. It would definitely help keep the info. organized, though. As it is now, most Logic oriented posts have "Logic" in the title, so a search for "Logic" is somewhat like a Logic forum.

What do you think of the new Sonik board?
http://forums.sonikmatter.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=23

Gidge said:
Im pretty sure that M-Audio/Delta should get a forum before Logic.....

I HATE agreeing with Gidge but he is right. ;) Just check this forum for the number of posts about the Omni Studio and you will see.

I am all for a Logic Forum but here is a point. More people use Cubase than Logic I reckon and look at the Cubase forum. It really isnt that active and you find that the Cubase.net forums are really far more active for that product. I am sure Emagic no doubt have there own official forums somewhere that are probably jumping.

However, I suspect that with the onset on Logic Audio 5 things could be due for a change...

system problems, or idiot problems?

I agree about the Delta M-audio forum. That would be great as well. I just siwh that I knew if I got burned at the store or if I am just an idiot and can't get my system working right.

I have a Pent III 933 Mhz clock speed
128 MB RAM
40 GB (normal) non-audio dedicated HDD
Omni Delta 66 Studio Package sound card 24-bit/96KHz
running e-Magic's Logic Audio Platinum 4.7

And I can only record 3 tracks of audio before I get a "ASIO Overload, System could not process information fast enough" Warning message and everything sputters to a halt. I have called e-Magic here in Munich and found someone that could struggle through english enough to suggest that perhaps my card was "sharring interupts". That turned out to not be the case. I have had one million people say that I need to increase my RAM, and get an audio dedicated 7200 RPM high-end HDD, and that I should clear out all background programs so that my computer is running on bare minimum. (which I already have done). Now the clearing of the background programs allows me to have maybe one or two more plug in effects added to my 3 tracks of audio before the "ASIO Overload" shit kicks in.

I can not believe that having the 128 MB more of RAM and a 7200 rpm HDD would give me the 32 tracks that e-Magic boasted when I bought the program when I am only getting 3 at the moment. A pent.III with 933 MHz might not be a NASA machine, but it isn't shitty. I don't even know if I should be looking at the computer for the problem or if the sound card is the culpret. It is NOT the Opperating system (Win Me). The guy at e-Magic said that he uses Win Me on his own home studio.

Where do you guys think I should look now. Do you think it is a card problem or a PC problem?

Please help.
:(

Mike

pisces,

check to see that your drive is 7200 rpm. Now, what driver are u using? If you are using asio, go to driver preferences 2 and select
"use larger disk buffer"
"use larger process buffer"

How many tracks do you want to use?

IF you want to have 8 tracks, then set your maximum number of tracks to something like 16 to give you more room. Dont set it to 64. I heard it reduces track count.

How many tracks do you get without plugins. WIth my optimised pentium 566 celeron with 256 megs, I have gotten 30tracks of 24/48 with some plugins, and it could have handled more.

Is your system optimised? I had a friend with a 900 but my system ran faster because he had unnecessary things like

screen saver
system sounds
wall paper
a ton of things in memory like antivirus, messenger etc.

Try and fix these and see if it helps any.

ps. Do you use screensets? they make working with logic faster.

Being an Omni user myslef I have not had this problem but i think the buffer thing is right. They are too low. 128 isnt that much really and you def cant afford to have really low buffers esp if you only have perhaps a 5400 rpm hd which isnt even audio dedicated.

About to throw the computer out the window

Has anyone ever experienced this problem...

I have a Pent. III 933 Mhz clock speed, 128 MB RAM, 5600rpm UN-dedicated to audio hard drive. (one day soon I will get a 7200 audio dedicated HDD). I am running Logic Audio Platinum 4.7 with an M-Audio Delta 66 Omni Studio sound card/breakout box combo.

I am using MIDI generated by a Roland JV 1010 and midi key-controller. But that is unrelated.

I have the computer running on bare minumum. No background messengers, anti-viruses, etc. I have gotten all the programs to not boot when I turn the computer on. Only what is necessary for function.

I have the buffer set high on the HDD and the Process buffer is high. I know that a 7200 rpm dedicated HDD would be nice, and 128 more MBs of RAM would be great too. But I am only getting 3-4 tracks out of a Pent. III 933, 128 MBs PC. There is something not right. The sound card is NOT sharing any interupts.

I have been trying for 10 months to get it all working and I have had one problem after another. What could it be? ANY suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

I have no problem to record/playback 8 voices with 48kHz/24bit at the same time with my creamware hardware also having only 128MB ram and Logic 4.7.
So maybe the problem is the M-Audio ASIO driver?
Are you running WinMe/98 or Win2k?
Win2k audio drivers are mostly reported to be instable and nonperforming.

greets,
Mark

Back