live in san antonio? help mix & eq!

trdn1

I'm doing a melodica / punk project in san antonio. i'm using cool edit pro. basically, everything we have as far as equipment is mid range stuff (mesa boogie amp, SP C-1 mic, etc etc). This is my 10 year of messing around with recording, so the quality is there. All I'm looking for is some experience in mixing, eq'ing and the equipment to go along with it. we just don't have monitors!

we will buy the beer.

I am sorry to post in a thread and have absolutely no valuable information to add...

I just moved to San Antonio. It is good to know there are some others around.

brutus

melodicas... i never thought of that, i've heard violins and punk...

isn't that the term for something that's not emo, but not quite punk?

anyway, if anyone in SA has a fairly good knowledge of eq'ing and effects, we could use some help.

here's the deal...listen to 'saves the day, through being cool' and their vocals spread across left and right and are 'on top.' our vocals are stuck in the middle and don't sit well in the mix. i've tried eq and some effects, but that just makes the vocals sound unnattached from the rest of the music, or make them sound over-processed.

i know questions like this come up ever day, and i'll do my homework, but the original offer remains...if anyone with good knowledge of getting what i described above to work, then we'll buy the beer.

I live in SA but I am stricktly a living room recordist. Wish I could help but I have NO idea what I am doing half the time!!!

thanks for the offer.

we'll post a mix down in the mp3 clinic, and if you think you can help then let me know

look for scottfree, breaking point

I just got to SA myself, you are probably already done with your project, wish I had started Homerecording earlier I MIGHT have been able to help but now I am buried with the new job :mad: Good luck in your future projects!!

Don

Back