Letters to myself

metaljoseph

Dedicated Member
Hey guys, I just finished my first song in years and wanted a little feedback before I leave it as my final draft. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer. Cheers

Check it out here Letters To Myself

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds pretty good. Nice full mix. I like the banjo sounding lead. The kick gets a little lost at times. Get a little better kick/bass seperation and I think you'll be good to go.

I really like the song. I really like the banjo-y sound. Is it a synth or a real banjo? Also the mix has good width but I don't hear much depth. It almost sounds as if the band is all lined up across the front of the stage. Does each instrument have its own reverb, or is it just reverb applied to the mix? I'd be curious to know.

hey, really like the song.

good production and arrangement. Really like the acoustic guitar, captured well and adds energy to the song.

no nits, this song is good to go.
Thanks for sharing.

btw: I fixed the link so it will open in another window and give the listener the choice between high or low fi. :cool:

Thanks for the comment guys. The banjo is actually Xpand2 with some outside tweaking. The acoustic guitar is one guitar,one take. I miced it with 2 mics and one direct. Bass is from Reason4 using a midi map so no wonder it sounds dull. I dont have a bass cab or I would do a real take. Drums are from Superior Drummer 2.0 Metal Foundry with alot of room sound, light velocity, brushes. Mastered it in Ozone4/Izotope. Vocal mic is Shure SM7. Stock Digi 002 pres.

Back