Lets talk pedals

Massimo

For starters I just got a Pro Co "The Rat" distortion pedal off of ebay. Anybody have one of these? A freind recommended it to me. I guess these are from the 80's anyway it rocks. It's a nice change of pace for my Fender Deluxe. My Fender Deluxe's distortion is nice too.

Your link is bad. It starts to go to your page then it turns into a advertisement page. Weird.

Try it again.

whew, that's one sad song. You almost had me in tears. Nice tune though. I had to turn my speakers almost all the way up to hear it loud. Over all sounds good. The guitar soloing sounds good just the right amount of distortion. The guitar solo sounds a bit muffled but maybe it's the effect you wanted.

Hey I know the feeling when my wife and kids are gone for too long. I saved it to my hard drive so I can listen to it again and again.

Thanks for the song.

What mics did you use?

Thanks!

Hey, Mass.

Thanks a heap! I haven't figured out the loud thing yet.

Could you post your comments at the MP3 forum?

Here's a list of equipment:

What mics: Rode NT3

pre's: Tascam US122

monitors: Jamo Cornet 145

converters: Tascam US122

software: Cubasis 2.0 (used the built in reverb and
choirus), Wavelab Lite

instruments: Drums- Yahama RY9 Rhythm Programmer
Bass- Carvin Bolt 4 string, direct to US122
Guitars- Carvin DC135 thru Digitech RP50, a couple of
different patches
Alvarez Festival Acoustic (ash top, sides, back, brass
nut) w/ Fishman Rare Earth Pro-Rep-102 Humbucking
Soundhole Pickup, direct to US122
Keys- Yamaha DX100 (a classic!) using club organ and
old rhodes voices

apl

Your welcome

Well I guess I could copy and paste my remarks over there.

The Rode NT3 what kind of mic is that, a condensor?

Tascam US122 dont' know what that is either. I'm new to this stuff. So I guess you're using your PC for recording then.

The drums sound good to me. I thought it was somebody playing the real drums.

The acoustic sounds good too. Even though these PC speakers don't do the song justice.

You do it all huh, great.

What it is...

Massimo said:
Your welcome

1. The Rode NT3 what kind of mic is that, a condensor?

2. Tascam US122 dont' know what that is either. I'm new to this stuff. So I guess you're using your PC for recording then.

3. The drums sound good to me.

4. The acoustic sounds good too.

5. You do it all huh, great.

1. Yes, it's a condenser, medium (3/4") diaphragm.

2. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...061616375/g=home/search/detail/base_id/105150

3. LOL! I'm surprised how good they sound, too. Especially since they solo at the beginning.

4. Thanks.

5. Thanks again. Yeah, I wanted to do one myself to be able to say that I could before I invited my real musician friends in to work on stuff.

Man that Tascam thing is cool!

You mean it plugs into your USB port and presto you have a digital studio. Now that's neat.

Massi

Decisions....

Yeah, instant studio!

I'd been messin' 'round w/ the cheesy built in soundcard for a while, and it was just crap. My criteria for picking a soundcard was:

mic pres w/phantom power
24 bit

It was funny how I could get one or the other but not both in the $200 range.

I'm happy (but my song is sad).

Re: Decisions....

apl said:
Yeah, instant studio!

I'd been messin' 'round w/ the cheesy built in soundcard for a while, and it was just crap. My criteria for picking a soundcard was:

mic pres w/phantom power
24 bit

It was funny how I could get one or the other but not both in the $200 range.

I'm happy (but my song is sad).

Well you could of spent thousands of dollars on software and sound cards etc and probably achieved the same results.

Sad songs have their place. You touched on an emotion I think alot of men experience when their wives and children are away for too long.

Back