Let's see your kits

l_2b89a12000b4424d8e0100955838b9b4.jpg

This one's up-to-date

What's that big white cymbal to the right? I'm guessing it's a hand-crafted gong :eek:

Pearl MLX, mid '80s as far as I know:
PearlMLX.jpg

'60s Ludwig, pre-serial numbers so no exact dating:
Ludwig3.jpg

Neither of those pics have snare or cymbals I realise. I do use some - Ludwig 400 and some old Zildjians - they must have been absent for the photo shoot.

Nice. I once has a red MLX kit like that. I wish I never sold them.

I came very close, that picture was taken by a mate of mine to sell on Wightbay (a local version of eBay) when I went to Uni. I'm glad we never found a buyer, I'm using them 4/5 nights a week now! They sound great, look great, and I don't really want my shiny Ludwig being bashed about too much.

Here's my kit. Milestone (now tempus), fibreglass shells. The shells are white,the blue is actually a reflection from a tarp (outdoor gig). 10, 12, 13, 16, 22 inch drums. (8 not shown). Pearl 13" snare, all Pearl hardware except the iron cobra double kick pedal.
drums.jpg

All sorts of cymbals but I really love the Paiste's I own.

Here's my kit. Milestone (now tempus), fibreglass shells. The shells are white,the blue is actually a reflection from a tarp (outdoor gig). 10, 12, 13, 16, 22 inch drums. (8 not shown). Pearl 13" snare, all Pearl hardware except the iron cobra double kick pedal.
View attachment 53634

All sorts of cymbals but I really love the Paiste's I own.

Cool. Someone else with Tempus (well, Milestone) drums. I don't know if you saw my kit on the first page of this thread. Red Tempus. Right on, blood brother. :D

This is my recording kit: Groove Percussion Jazz Kit (16x16 kick,etc..small sizes) with K. Zildjian 20" Custom Dark Ride, 16" Dark Crash & 15" Custom Fast Crash, A. Zildjian 14" New Beat Hats, 14" Sabian AAX Dark Crash, 12" Wuhan China and 10" Wuhan Splash.

Groove Percussion is a Sam Ash house brand but they make surprisingly good little jazz kits. Not Sonor or DW, but really usable for recording.

Attachments

• GP Jazz Kit 1.jpg
    GP Jazz Kit 1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 41
  • GP Jazz Kit 2.jpg
    GP Jazz Kit 2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 37
Back