let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
Started working on my studio again, finally. Concentrating on the drum booth, in the bombshelter, first. Here's what we did today:

Not a lot, but it's something. Something major for me!!! Especially after not doing anything for so long.

:D:D:D

Here are some pics of my cave.

DCP_2338.jpg

DCP_2335.jpg

DCP_2314.jpg

DCP_2330.jpg

DCP_2328.jpg

DCP_2323.jpg

DCP_2322.jpg

DCP_2321.jpg

DCP_2320.jpg

DCP_2319.jpg

DCP_2337.jpg

DCP_2316.jpg

DCP_2318.jpg

DCP_2317.jpg

DCP_2315.jpg

DCP_2313.jpg

DCP_2344.jpg

DCP_2336.jpg

DCP_2334.jpg

DCP_2332.jpg

DCP_2333.jpg

DCP_2339.jpg

074.jpg

089.jpg

083.jpg

Man I would kill for your space. I'd do something different for the controll room and keep it for a vocal booth, But never the less. I want it.

F.S.

Freudian Slip said:
Man I would kill for your space. I'd do something different for the controll room and keep it for a vocal booth, But never the less. I want it.

F.S.

I have an additional 1000 square foot available if the need arises. I am going to maybe next year, add a vocal booth by using some of the additional space. I built a 64 x 30 garage behind my house and the studio occupies about half of that. Its heated and soon to be air-conditioned. But its a hell of a starting point :) If your in Ohio anytime come on out and jam.

BushmasterM4 said:
I have an additional 1000 square foot available if the need arises. I am going to maybe next year, add a vocal booth by using some of the additional space. I built a 64 x 30 garage behind my house and the studio occupies about half of that. Its heated and soon to be air-conditioned. But its a hell of a starting point :) If your in Ohio anytime come on out and jam.

Very cool man! You got me day dreaming :)

F.S.

Currentsetup.jpg

I would love a bigger room, vocal booth etc, but this is what im working with at the moment.

NB: Yes i know, i'm saving for new monitors.

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
Hey pandamonk. A recording doesn't know. ;) Its what you do in there that counts . :)
fitZ

Yep he is right. Mine is used for alot of other things too. Like when my wife kicks me out of the house. :) It has internet acess and cable tv. So come football season I can get away and watch the games in peace.

studio desk

where did you get that desk? how much was it? i'm looking for possible alternatives to the ones at musicians friend/guitar center. i might build one on my own, but that would be a lot of work.

wreckd504 said:
Currentsetup.jpg

I would love a bigger room, vocal booth etc, but this is what im working with at the moment.

I have Behringer monitors and they work surprising well in my control room. What I hear in there is pretty much how the mix will sound on other equipment. Just the Bass on them is a little less than what plays across car and home equipment. They have room eq switches on the back and I just have not messed with them to set it right. Or added wall treatments to compensate. I just learned by ear. :) I like my cheap monitors. Also the desk is cool, but I need one in darker laminate.

msmales555, got my desk from a company called elfa in Australia (i live in sydney). It was 600AUS which is 500US. They don't make them anymore which sucks cos i wanted another model they make (or used to make rather :( )which is more compact, as i'm about to move into a smaller space.

Formulabluedsw800.jpg

If you (or someone else) can draw up designs with measurements and specs its a pretty straight forward thing to build. I would pay up $800 or $900 Australian for someone to build me my dream desk, rather than settle for something thats $300 from Ikea (which i used for many years til recently).

I like the sound that the behringers put out, a/b them with more expensive monitors and they compete pretty well. My problem is whenever i move them they sometimes don't turn on, when they do i get humming one tweeter not working for a day or two. It doesn't happen every day, but its the sort of thing that even if it happens once every six months its still very very annoying. I've had them fixed a few times, but there always seems to something not 100%.

Last edited:
wreckd504 said:
Currentsetup.jpg

The monitors are decent. Just face them more towards you ears.

Hi, new here!

This is my little homestudio:

newroom.jpg

I'm planning on building a custom desk to fit all the gear:

3droom.jpg

Len David
The Netherlands

Looks good. Make sure the monitors are at ear height though, in your contruction. And i suggest thinking about acoustics too...

My tiny space

OK so I have been lookin at these pictures for a while now and I finally decided to post one of my "little" setup I am still working on the gear and treatments so don't laugh to hard

Attachments

• S7000756.JPG
    S7000756.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,425
lenno said:
Hi, new here!

This is my little homestudio:

newroom.jpg

I'm planning on building a custom desk to fit all the gear:

3droom.jpg

Len David
The Netherlands

While cool & clean looking, your desk with the monitors built in looks to be a sonic nightmare. You will have a real problem with the low end on that design.

Like I said cool, but it looks like a echo chamber to me.

F.S.

Back