let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 963 75.5%

• Total voters
These things are GREAT. Depending on your sequencer, these things can be an incredible bonus to work with... say goodbye to mouse-clicks! Definately Behringer's best product![/QUOTE]
What is your sequencer? at the moment im using sony vegas which took f**king ages to save up for but im soon to buy a new mixer and i might use cubase LE that comes with it and sell vegas. depending on how good cubase le is, does anyone have it? Vegas doesnt seem to be 'widely known' if you know what i mean. Whenever companys list off what their products are compatible with vegas is never listed so i dont know whether to take the risk or not. Do you think this would be compatible with it, would all the functions work? cheers. :o

its been a while...

I had to make a few adjustments.. i found myself having troubles when i coproduce with my friend in here... so i moved all of the musical controls on the left, and the programming controls on the right... and the control surfaces can be accessed by us both!

soon i shall be having my desk built.. im so excited!

here they are...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 982
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 851
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 819
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 821
hey man!!...i juss finished recording school, and i have recording gear..BUT...i'm looking for soundproofing material's.. yer studio looks good..does it work well?...i also record full bands.but..im tryen to make a home studio in my base ment... you have ideas of what might work?..since yer studio looks well thought of. i need some help with my soundproofing..thanks!

i need some help with my soundproofing..thanks!
It would be best if you start your own thread. Tell people everything you can about your existing space and your plan. BTW, there is no such thing as sound PROOF. Only degrees of transmission loss.
fitZ

That's the problem with these recording schools. They push students through without teaching them some really basic stuff. When I went to school for electronics they started at the beginning and taught us everything you'd ever need to know about electricity. A lot of the stuff seemed out of place at the time, but now I understand why they did that.

I had someone over to my studio a few weeks ago who just graduated from recording school last year. This person took one look at some studio foam I stuck on my wall at the back of the control room and said "Wow, you've spent a lot of money on soundproofing." uh huh... right... nevermind the multiple layers of drywall on resillient channel, that one piece of foam is magic and stops all sound from escaping my control room.

:)

Oh yeah, and since this is a "Let me see your studio" thread, I'll repost the links to my first two videos.
Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12pWJ14s5S0
Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9s7NA_vbB0

Last edited:
Holy smokes!

That's a pretty big room SSR, I mean, anyone tha can drive a forklift in their studio has got a pretty serious room. How many sheets of drywall total?

AWESOME series of pics showing the progress.

Thats not my studio, lol. :o

Mine is in my sigs link. :o :o :o :o

But that thread is a worth while read, its amazing what he has done with the place.

Back