let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 963 75.5%

• Total voters
I decided to make mine look more professional, it still needs cleaning up, I went from this
https://homerecording.com/bbs/attachment.php?attachmentid=24107
to this

and man, I was blown away by what I was missing in my monitors. They have more truth to them now, I am never gonna underestimate the power of room treatment, just moving stuff changed it so much I'm gonna pay more attention and fix my room.
And I didn't forget my lava lamp, I just didn't put it back right away. and that space that the printer and stuff used to go in, is the perfect size (literally) for rack equip, at least my patch bay for now.

Attachments

• DSCF0096.jpg
    DSCF0096.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,369
Shout It Out said:
This is my new setup I am using, next step rigid fiberglass...
PICT0672.jpg

PICT0673.jpg

PICT0674.jpg
what monitors are they mate?

breeeeza said:
what monitors are they mate?

That can get the job done...how are you likin' that Vox? What sort of tunes are you playin' through it? I've heard that it's a tasty jazz and old style rock-n-roll amp.

Louddog said:
The B52 is the AT212 Triple rect 100w all tube, sounds great. Loud as hell.
It does sound great, especially at the price. What I like best is ease of use. It's very intuitive. You can dial up the sound you want quite quickly.

That being said, I did not buy one. The local GC where I tried out the B52 had a mint Mesa-Boogie Nomad-55 for around the same price. I didn't need 100W and the B52 (or the Marshall 50W, or the Fender Deluxe) could not touch the Mesa's low end.

Louddog, that's one nice looking space you have there. I like the pic with the window. Slick.

punkin said:
That can get the job done...how are you likin' that Vox? What sort of tunes are you playin' through it? I've heard that it's a tasty jazz and old style rock-n-roll amp.

Vox makes great products. on distortion i play mostly heavy distortion metal/rock solos and on clean chords sound pretty nice. I play everything on it. nice amp, i want to get a 2 x 10 cab for it though.

NL5 said:
Drum Shot -
that is an amazing kit. One day i will have a rack and cymbals. Atm im going to have to keep my yamaha stage custom and 4 cymbals (pro sonix) and hi hats. ha all my money is going into the studio atm. i also love the south park drum head!! Have you got any recordings of that kit in songs or anything. i would love to take a listen. thanks

breeeeza said:
that is an amazing kit. One day i will have a rack and cymbals. Atm im going to have to keep my yamaha stage custom and 4 cymbals (pro sonix) and hi hats. ha all my money is going into the studio atm. i also love the south park drum head!! Have you got any recordings of that kit in songs or anything. i would love to take a listen. thanks

Hey - thanks for the Kudos, but it's not my kit... :(

Here is a song done with that kit though -

It's taken some time but my studio is just about ready... still have to find some rack strips for the middle-part of my mixing desk though :D .

Both pieces of furniture are made by...well..designed by me, made by my dad haha...

Acoustic treatment comprises of home-made-random-ass diffusors (not pictured), acoustic foam (yes, thin foam, I know I know), "blocks" of thicker foam @ rear wall, foam intended for wall-isolation covered with fabric on the side walls, and 2 corner bass-traps made of MDF and roof-isolation board.

Pics can be found here

Gear:
------------------------------------------------
Computer:
-Apple Imac G5 1.8 Ghz
-Mbox 2 + Protools LE Factory set
-Emagic AMT8 8x8 MIDI interface
-Frontier Designs Tranzport Wireless DAW controller
Mixer & Monitoring
-Studiomaster Sessionmix 24-2 (16-2 with 8 channel expansion)
-Behringer PX2000 patchbay
-Alesis RA-100 amplifier
-Yamaha NS10M monitoring speakers
Outboard:
-Geloso preamp/mic mixer
-DBX 266XL compressor
-Korg KEC-42 compressor
-Vermona analog graphic EQ
-MAM RS3 Resonator (dynamic filter)
Microphones: