let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 963 75.5%

• Total voters
Yeah, that!

Packing foam is great for... packing! For whatever acoustical properties it has, it's a much bigger issue if it's a blatant fire hazard. (I'm fire hazard-phobic!) :eek:

Once... I bought a little digital multitracker (FD-4), and the guy packed the box with genuine Auralex foam!!! (How's that for a twist??) :eek:

NICE STUDIOS, GUYS! Carry on!;)

Some Pics Of My Space

Outside
Outside.jpg

A few from downstairs
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Upstairs mission control
Up.jpg

Richard Monroe said:
OK, I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Click on pctures off the projects page.
www.bardwire.com

The rack and monitors are reversed for working in the tracking station going DI. Soon, we add a couple channels of class A preamp, and we're done for now. Then I'll do closeups of the rack.-Richie

Love the self cleaning diffuser unit, do they sell those at sweetwater? LMAO!

Notfonts...thats a nice place. love the upstairs mission control room and angled ceiling.

good luck making some cha-ching$$,

Notfonts said:
This looks good, but you don't need the clouds, 'cause your roof has over 35% slant. You'd be better off taking these down and using them at the first left and right reflection points, or along the back wall, unless you already have this.

What type of e-drums are those peaking their heads out? Looks like a Roland radius on the edges, but just a guess. Dig the cedar shakes on the front facade and the space you have....the space, man. THAT is a sweet situation to be in.

lil_shorty said:
What is the best sound card i can buy.
Suggest you ask this question in the proper hardware forum after reading some posts there.
Again you come up with a simple question that has no easy answer.
It depends on a lot of factors. Like; do you have or plan to buy a mixer? How much money do you have to use? What music will you make? Vocal takes? Or instrumental only? Acoustic recordings? Do you have a microphone? And tons more.
Start by telling us what computer you plan to use it on and answer the questions above and we can start to guide you on the way.
Best of luck.

RideTheCrash said:
Is that a little Farfisa combo organ? Where'd you find it?
I got it from my brother, I have no idea where he got it, he's had it for years.

COOLCAT said:
Notfonts...thats a nice place. love the upstairs mission control room and angled ceiling.

good luck making some cha-ching$$,
Thanks COOLCAT,
doubt I'll make any money though.

pandamonk said:
This looks good, but you don't need the clouds, 'cause your roof has over 35% slant. You'd be better off taking these down and using them at the first left and right reflection points, or along the back wall, unless you already have this.
Thanks pandamonk for the suggestion . I do have "clouds" behind the recorder maybe I'll try putting the ceiling ones there also if I can fit them.

Seeker of Rock said:
What type of e-drums are those peaking their heads out? Looks like a Roland radius on the edges, but just a guess. Dig the cedar shakes on the front facade and the space you have....the space, man. THAT is a sweet situation to be in.

The drums are Roland Club set I believe. Glad you like the cedar shakes, I worked through the winter putting them on and I'm going to let them weather, I hate painting. I moved from a basement setup so yes I am liking the space

Emusic said:
Suggest you ask this question in the proper hardware forum after reading some posts there.
Again you come up with a simple question that has no easy answer.
It depends on a lot of factors. Like; do you have or plan to buy a mixer? How much money do you have to use? What music will you make? Vocal takes? Or instrumental only? Acoustic recordings? Do you have a microphone? And tons more.
Start by telling us what computer you plan to use it on and answer the questions above and we can start to guide you on the way.
Best of luck.

Ok im going to use a HP a1423w and willing to spend up to 6,000 to 7,000.

Last edited:
lil_shorty said:
Ok im going to use a HP a1423w and willing to spend up to 6,000 to 7,000.
Well u answered 2 of my questions. Suggest we continue in the hardware thread where you also have asked the same question.
See you there.

I've been reading and been inspired by this thread for a couple of months. In short, I've been inspired to "build a studio". My own personal, not a lot of space, but I started a few weeks back. I've only just begun with the foundation excavation and forming, and it will only be 14'x14', but if posting a "work in progress" is not against protocol, here are a couple of recent pics. I'll try and post the floor plan if I can remember to take it to work and scan it tomorrow (hand-sketched to scale, but I didn't CADD it in).

Attachments

• 63.jpg
    63.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,286
and it will only be 14'x14',
:eek: Apparently you missed any information regarding SQUARE rooms. They SUCK. Modal distribution will highlight the same frequencies in both dimensions. I would think about lengthening the room in one of the directions. At least 3 feet.
fitZ :)

Approximated...my bad. Still not much more rectangular than square, but inside space will 12.5' X 13.75. I guess I should post the floor plan, though, because there will be a closet and angled wall corners. I may raise and chamfer the ceiling, but that is precious insulation and ventilation space.

studiomaster said:
Anyone have any backyard shed studios here? Just wondering:)
MEEEEEEE. It's still under construction though. The exterior is done, and is being painted...right now infact. It's all insulated and now we gotta start work on the interior. Firstly gotta install the ventilation fans and vents, then plasterboard everything, then put up a partition wall and build some doors then who knows.

Back