let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 963 75.5%

• Total voters
its a Behringer SX4882. I have not been a big fan of Behringer in the past but I have to say this console is made for recording. I ran a PM4000 for years on the road and this board competes as far as routing options. I wanted a 8 bus console without having to take out a loan. it has 2 headphone busses and a built in talk back circuit. it is a 24 channel console with a B mix on each channel for 48 total inputs. I will use the B mix as a independent headphone mix. So far I love it, the meter bridge is awesome.

I love 'em.
I had been using the Auralex MoPads for a while.

These are a lot less of a hassle to set up, they feel more secure, and while I haven't noticed much of a difference between MoPads at loud volumes, at quiet volumes I hear more clarity in the sound.

They also let me take full advantage of desk real estate :D

Just got mine 5 minutes ago. After reading your post, I was going to buy them new but found a used pair. They're awesome!

You should start a thread and post continuing progress of your build. More folk will find/see it than little bits here and there.

:thumbs up:

Hope it's ok to post a quick reply (Once I've set up my equipment I'll add a photo here).
But I see in these photos a lot of the monitors are on stands (I imagine to be at the correct height, and minimise the distortion/vibration on the desk?). Would it make a massive difference if I put my monitors directly on my desk with no stand(it's solid wood not mdf, if that makes a difference).
Just thought I'd ask after seeing all these lovely pictures!

Hope it's ok to post a quick reply (Once I've set up my equipment I'll add a photo here).
But I see in these photos a lot of the monitors are on stands (I imagine to be at the correct height, and minimise the distortion/vibration on the desk?). Would it make a massive difference if I put my monitors directly on my desk with no stand(it's solid wood not mdf, if that makes a difference).
Just thought I'd ask after seeing all these lovely pictures!

Your monitors need to be pointed to your ears, usually on the desk surface they are pointed too low. You also need to 'decouple' the monitors from the desk surface.

Last edited:
Back