Lead guitar / amp and reaverb

Miravsky

Hi. What reverb plugins you're using for lead guitar solo and what amp setting do you use ?
I'm asking cuse I think that I can't achieve a good sound of my lead guitar, and dont know is it fault of amp setting or reverb ?

It might help if you told us what guitar and amp you are using, how you are recording it and what type of music you are playing - and you could supply a sound clip, too.

Your question is kind of like "I'm buying a car, what tires should I get?"

Something like this will get it done

7056633643_4a86788c50_z.jpg

Lead

Yes im using cockos reaper and reaverb ;) Unfortunnetly I cant upload some clip but I want to get lead tone for metal/rock and now I just cannot get a nice reverb. I have Amplitube Fender amp and what setting you would set for it or meybe you recommend some other reverb ?

Yes im using cockos reaper and reaverb ;) Unfortunnetly I cant upload some clip but I want to get lead tone for metal/rock and now I just cannot get a nice reverb. I have Amplitube Fender amp and what setting you would set for it or meybe you recommend some other reverb ?

For metal/rock leads, I think a proper delay setting is more important for the tone and sustain than reverb. I guess it depends on what kind of "metal" you're doing. Cockrock hair metal leads of the 80s were dripping with effects. More modern guitar tones are pretty dry-ish.

As for reverb, if you're using Reaper, go out into the internet and find some reverb impulse files and use them with Reaverb.

And you're using a Fender amp sim? Is that correct? Sims can work very well in the right hands, but I'm pretty confident in saying that pretty much no one does metal tones and leads with Fender amps.

+1. A very subtle delay set properly can add some very nice sustain to a lead guitar. Amplitude fender includes a fender amp that is supposed to have a modern sound right? Maybe I'm just imagining things:yawn: I also agree that another sim could help you out. Maybe find a single amplitube amp that sounds more modern and buy that sim.

I generally go for something with a lot of upper mids in the amp department. Most of the time I'll highpass pretty aggressively as well as slapping a tube screamer or a compressor in front of the amp. For reverb I just screw around with something until it sounds right. I'm a big fan of the CLA guitar plugin. It's fast and usually gives me results that are great.

If you are looking for anything like a rock or metal lead, a fender amp or amp sim isn't going to do it. It's not the right type of distortion for what you are trying to do. The classic answer would be a Marshall-type amp or sim. Just about any amp other than a fender, roland, etc... It's just never going to do what you want.

Back