Keeping Snare Bleed out of Kick Mic

So, let me get this straight. We wasted 3 pages of thread because you neglected to explain that you were using the pad to get the mic closer to the source? If you would have put half as much energy into explaining what you were doing as you spend just being an ignorant dick, it would have been over before it started.

big country said:
and hey man great job copying out of a book.
I don't copy out of books, I write them.

And yes, now you have explained a valid principle. You're right as far as that goes, I'll give you that.

But that sure as shit isn't how you have tried to explain it up to this point, at least not how it reads. And it has nothing to do with cardioid mics or microphone sensitivity.

If you slowed down and took the time to use the right vocabulary and were able to go a whole sentence without looking like you were typing on a cell phone keypad smeared with peanut butter, you might have gotten that simple point across two days ago.

Of course your idea comes with the cost of recording a completly different sound because you have to put the mic right up on the beater. If that's an acceptable trade-off, then you're cool. But if you want to get the kick sound you want without such comprimise and still get rid of the snare bleed, there are more effective ways to do it.

G.

YEEHAA............now we're getting somewhere :) .

Like I said posts ago, I could kinda see what BC was getting at but I hadn't figured on how to to phrase it in an eloquent enough fashion ;) , so where do we currently stand...............the principle behind BC's methods, or at least the physics behind the principle are to some degree valid, BUT (and it's a big but) there's a major risk of losing or not being able to capture the sound quality you want.

Personally, I think I'd prefer to have quality of sound and put up with the bleed.

:cool:

5 pages about a mic pad, which has nothing to do with the original post.

Fucking incredible!

Farview, you're arguing with a retard. You're way above that shit, bro.

you know you gotta hand it to this guy, for someone who cant spell better than his four year old niece, he was able to find out a way to reduce mic bleed in a way that most if not everyone but him would not think of. although almost everyone knows (but him) that if you record your drum source correctly like with mic placement and getting good hot levels and when you get a good drum mix...bleed doesnt matter....yeah it's annoying when soloing a single instrument but when you have your whole mix going you really cant tell.
BC i am wondering what your songs sound like, i have never tried this technique you describe and really dont want to cause the conventional way works for me but it would be interesting to hear the results.

Last edited:
so if some one hands you a hamer, should they tell you to hit the nail head with it our, can you figure that out.....the way it sounds you guys would just sit thier and throw nails at the board.no man that hammer doesnt work .

big country said:
so if some one hands you a hamer, should they tell you to hit the nail head with it our, can you figure that out.....the way it sounds you guys would just sit thier and throw nails at the board.no man that hammer doesnt work .
I'd just go down to the lumber yard and scrounge around for a board that just happened to have a hole in it exactly where i needed, then I'd just push the nail in.

It's cheaper than buying a hammer. :rolleyes:

big country said:
I will say one thing about my grammer its givin me almost strait A's in college.

It's grammar, not grammer, ass-munch.

And blowing the community college instructors is getting you the A's, not your language skills.

people with good grammer ,but dont no shit about recording,
but like to talk shit.
here at homerecording.com
come one come all.

(I will admit thier are a couple smart fellas, just not to many on this board)

if it werent for dumb people and my bad grammer
I would not be smart.

big country said:
I will say one thing about my grammer its givin me almost strait A's in college.
ez_willis said:
It's grammar, not grammer
...and it's straight, not strait.
And you're missing a comma after the word grammar, and the next word is it's, not its. And it's given, not givin.

And we're just looking at one sentence here.

Do you have any idea how hard your stuff is to read, BC? It's no wonder that you're having trouble getting your point across. You might find a bit more success here if you proofread and formatted just a bit before you posted.

Now I am no angel on that ladder either, I'll admit. But there is a difference between a post with only a few words with typos and a post with only a few words without typos and no punctuation and carriage returns at random locations.

Then when you start talking about cardioids having a shorter range than omnis and using overheads to pick up the attack on kicks and a whole bunch of other nonsense, you have lost everybody. If you bothered to master the basics before you started sticking mics in skylights, your expirimentation would be far more fruitful.

And, BTW, good job getting straight A's in college with your grammer after "spending most of your high school years stoned" (which was the reason you gave for your bad grammar to begin with.)

Put down that spoon before you post and you might get a little further here. Stoners may sometimes click in front of the mics, but when that red light comes on, the guy driving the desk had better be sharp as a tack or he'll get dumped on. Same thing here.

G.

when dealing with pros you do not need to explain every thing .why you ask because they know . how tight is your ass any ways can you sqeeze a fart out of it.or is it faaaaaaaah.sounds like you dumb fucks are just finding excuses
to not knowing how and when to use a pad .
I have built homes with mexicans that speak no english and I speak no spanish
and have comunicated just fine .most beaners know how to use a hammer.
Or I should say I have never had to tell the beaner that the hammer and nail work together.they figured it out?
Im not calling you dumber than a beaner.

big country said:
when dealing with pros you do not need to explain every thing .why you ask because they know . how tight is your ass any ways can you sqeeze a fart out of it.or is it faaaaaaaah.sounds like you dumb fucks are just finding excuses
to not knowing how and when to use a pad .
I have built homes with mexicans that speak no english and I speak no spanish
and have comunicated just fine .most beaners know how to use a hammer.
Or I should say I have never had to tell the beaner that the hammer and nail work together.they figured it out?
Im not calling you dumber than a beaner.

Straight A's and a college degree got you a career in construction with immigrants, huh?

And we're the dumb ones. Okay.

If you think Im going to explain my self on that whole cardioid mic thing, aint gonna happen .the pad thing was hard enough.my nease had a real hard time understanding that one so It might be a little for some of you guys.

hope you can find my mistake .that may be really tuff for some of you guys .
I hope all can figure out what im trying to say
I typed this really slow for some of our challenged friends.

I have had limited experence working with people In the muisc Industry.
I used to work for Capitol Records and did a couple jobs working for
Priority Records. around The Time capitol bought Priority.I was a carpenter of course . I walked into studio A and said to my self "this is what I want"
even If I have to deal with the big over grown babbies so The way I look at it
this is just a training ground .of course I will be a little more professional. I can learn to deal.

Back