Just Joined....

I'm surprised nobody has said this yet, but you're not going to be able to change much in these recordings since they're just stereo tracks. You can't re-mix a stereo recording. You can do things to make the stereo recording sound better, but you're not going to be able to bring up the vocals if they're too low, etc...It just doesn't work that way.

I mean, you can run them through SPLEETER to separate the instruments, but the sound quality will degrade quite a bit.
I already know that. I want to modify the 8 Track ADAT Tapes (SVHS) that I have & record the New modified tracks...

Ok, I think I have it (shut TFUp you lot! I is old and on a lot of meds!) You have an ADAT machine coming to play the tape...PLEASE take my advice and try another tape in it first!!! Then you need an interface with an ADAT optical input and, AFAIK you will then be able to open the tracks in the PC and then with the software we have mentioned, mix them and transfer to CD if that is your intention.

Dave.
Thanks for posting that CB, I enjoyed that old style country sound. I think you better slow down a bit and take Dave's advice, so as to not ruin or lose any of the stems.
Guy

Thanks for posting that CB, I enjoyed that old style country sound. I think you better slow down a bit and take Dave's advice, so as to not ruin or lose any of the stems.
Guy
Right now, I am at a stand still.... I haven't spent any money,,,,,, YET. I'd rather pay someone to do this, then I'm not wasting money on old gear, that I know nothing about.

I listened to the upluaded mp3. Sounded fine to me, good enough for a demo.
The vocal was clear.
Well Raymond, I know what you are saying, but since we make Chocolate & Vanilla for folks, I want to modify some of these songs... This is just 1 of 20 to 25 songs, some are worse than others...

Guy
Hey there Guy... can you tell me what a stem is.... was that a typo...?

Here's one of my better ones... I'm making a Video of this one... for YouTube. These have all been copyrighted for years...
A stem is a recording or track that you combine with other stems to make the overall production ( uh I think ) just another way of saying track.
Country music has changed a lot over the years, do you think there is a market for this style or are you expecting someone to modernize these songs.

lol yah just noticed your post BSG. Yup that’s what I meant.

A stem is a recording or track that you combine with other stems to make the overall production ( uh I think ) just another way of saying track.
Country music has changed a lot over the years, do you think there is a market for this style or are you expecting someone to modernize these songs.
It's a shame, but you're right. The sad thing is, CeeBee's music is actually Country. This "modern" "Pop music with a twang" that's all about pick-up trucks, blue jeans, and alcohol should have been called something else....I have a few ideas, but this is a family show. :)

CeeBee...You're amazing. That last song you posted is fantastic. You have a great voice, the arrangement is nice, the lyrics are genuine, great playing, it's a great tune.

lol yah just noticed your post BSG. Yup that’s what I meant.
Yep, Country Music has changed, but I haven't. Country RAP is CRAP & it isn't played at my house. Remember George & Alan's song, "Someone Killed Country Music". It gets a lot of play, every day, by lots of people, because it's Country.

The stuff that is #1 today, won't be played in a few weeks, maybe never again.. Hank Williams', Your Cheatin' Heart, will be played, as long as there is something to play it on...

RD I totally agree.
So... how do you like this one... This is about a woman, who while playing games, broke her own heart...

P.S. The music is too loud... I took this one (Givin' In) off, without seeing the lyrics it's totally not understandable...

Last edited:
The recordings sound good to me. Too bad the vocal is panned hard right on some of them, odd choice.

I've read this entire thread, but am still unsure of your intent. Do you want to redo parts of these songs, or just remix them?

Back