JazzMang's new thread... BAM!

JaZZz...it is a subtle difference, but to my ears, the mastering has polished the sounds. Taken the raw out, which is probably what you were after. It sounds good, but so does the raw mix. I would definately have a hard time choosing the sound I prefer. The guitars seem to have a bit more distinction one from the other. More clarity in a subtle way. I use the word subtle, because there really isn't a great change. The change is good. I personally like raw cuts on most things. Gives it a more live feel. That is just me. The mastered sounds great too!! I haven't been much of a help, have I? :D

Hey Jazz,

As I posted in your original thread, I love the vocals in this, and as other have said too...you are dead on goo-goo dolls vocals. Cool song and nice mix. As far as the mastered and unmastered version I think I like the mastered version just a tad better. It is not that big of a change but the guitars are more defined and sit well in the mix. This is coming form someone with very little experince at home recording, but that is my 2 cents :D

Is this the same song that is in the very first post of this thread and you have just took a piece of it?

I want to hear the whole song in its entirety please, I am digging it ;)

The Mastered one has more "air". Sounds light and open. I can't tell any other different on the home theater system. :)

Back