Jamfest Equipment List

OK folks,....time to start thinkin about the menu,.... we have plenty of time to get the food deal together,... and divide the respnsibilities of who does what, what is being brought by who, etc etc,.... maybe I should even throw out another thread to cover the victuals....

or,...

Better yet,.... I will just do ALL the food myself........:eek:

So get onna stick an post yer preferences here,..... hot cold, big eater, small portions, whats the dealeeeeoooooo people,....

and MR. DRAGONIAN DAVE, you scaley thing you........ are you gonna make it this year,.......??????????

You do realize that none of us are getting any younger,.... and it could well mean someone of us may not be around for any more of em,..... so,..... my take on the whole gig is,......

you had better start coordinating your efforts and see about a trip east my good man, and hopefully there will be more folks there that have never been, and it turns out that it takes on a new and better mantle, now that we all know you are coming,....

anyhow,.....

back to the FOOD

we need to hear from anyone who is definate about their attendence,....and exactly what they see as a menu,...... lets put it down here, so there is no mistake for folks like Voxy, who still might make it, despite the new family member thing happinin, who requires all vegi type eats as opposed to us MEAT eating warriors of music, we need to know NOW.....

just put down what you want to consume for three days, and we'll be fine....

Steve:D

I'll do Sat. morning breakfast if you'd like a break Steve. How about a big mess of from-scratch blueberry pancakes?

Thats cool slimbo, I left my dble griddle there, and I got one for Tom last year, so....... should be plenty of space for the thousands you'll have to make,........ I will pick up another one for the eggs and we can use a big fry pan for the bacon/sausage......for those that are meat eaters anyhow,...... we can also reserve a special pan or two for the Vegi-folks, so they won't get any contamination from the animal fats......

I am goin to fix the two especial meals for supper/dinner,......Fri, and Sat evenings meals,.... one Ribs with salt potatoes,and beans onna side,..... and course the applesauce,... which I got so busy last year I forgot to put out.....

and Chicken QuessaDillas,..... which have tons of stuff to choose from,..... Green peppers,Red, Tomatoes,mushrooms,two cheeses blended,..... either Chedder/jack(with, or without jalapenios),...and colby/jack, (same dealeeeeo)and of course the marinated grilled chicken breasts, which, is what day, I will leave to the crowds....... and for a Sunday Brunch kinda thing,.we have Treeline, and the magic fish.......... with a wonderful presentation of grapes and ,.... well, I am speaking of someone elses labor of love,......

I'm not even sure he is fixing it this year,..... Sorry Glenn, didn't mean to step on your toes,........(I just love it sooooo much, I was maybe hopin it was time already, and just got carried away..........................)

anyhow,..... we now have at least three of the meals worked out.....

anybody bringin those great dogs from last year...?????

and how bout the Dragonworks Chili,...... or the Bezzes dads,jumbolia, and there was peppers and sausage from Jgourd,......

wow, I know there was other stuff,....... I think the relaxed way it was done last year, and the year before was fine,.... there ended up being lots of everything and we certainly were NOT laking in that department at all........

On the other hand,.... if it does get spicy because of the masses of people,.... we can always make a food run,.... it's not like were THAT far from anything....... goes for the liquid refreshments as well......

altho, in THAT dept,.... I plan on bringin my own favorite Hornsbys hard cider........ by the case of course,...... hmmmmmmmmm I think 4 cases ourta do this year,....... a few got nabbed last year,..... not that I minded, just came TOO close to runnin out on Sunday............

:eek:

hmmmmm....probly should start a separate thread for the food........

I know there were some gear issues last year,... altho I am not entirely sure what they were...... we did seem to have plenty of that as well.......

I am SOOOOO gettin psyched for this........

not that it shows or anything......

:D

Ah, yes.... The salmon's on the menu this year as well. Sunday, it starts cooking about 9 AM... Last time i miscalculated the number of sides and the whole thing was gone in three minutes flat. We'll be ramping up that figure a bit this time around, I expect...:cool:

Stage Setup

With the PA and recording gear limited to 20 channels I want to start discussing the stage. I was thinking of allocating channels like this:

Channels 1-6 Drums
Channels 7-9 Guitar Amps
Channel 10 Bass direct feed
Channels 11-12 Vocals
Channels 13-14 Accustic Guitar Preamps
Channels 15-16 Open Mics for horns, timabales, bongos etc...
Channels 17-18 Keyboards
Channels 19-20 Other Line level instruments.

That means that no more than 3 guitar amps on stage at one time. I am still pushing for the circular arrangement with everyone facing inward and toward each other. I'll have monitors for the stage in the center and PA speakers feeding the back 40 / eating area.

Comments?

Re: Stage Setup

jgourd said:
With the PA and recording gear limited to 20 channels I want to start discussing the stage. I was thinking of allocating channels like this:

Channels 1-6 Drums
Channels 7-9 Guitar Amps
Channels 11-12 Vocals
Channels 17-18 Keyboards

That means that no more than 3 guitar amps on stage at one time. I am still pushing for the circular arrangement with everyone facing inward and toward each other. I'll have monitors for the stage in the center and PA speakers feeding the back 40 / eating area.

Comments?

I like your circular reasoning.

Tree and I were talkin' about putting the acoustic guitars through our acoustic guitar amps (and micing the amps) instead of going DI through preamps. It's not the way acoustic guitars are usually done but it will enable us to play with the sound so all you'll need to worry about is volume. Two channels as you have allocated should suffice though. It's true that the amps will take up a little space.

I will try to remember to bring my bullet-style harp mic. One channel could be dedicated to that. That will eliminate the need to screw around with the sound when somebody tries to play harp through a mic set up for vocals (and it will be reasonable to kill any harp player who uses the vocal mics).

Re: Re: Stage Setup

LI_Slim said:
I will try to remember to bring my bullet-style harp mic. One channel could be dedicated to that. That will eliminate the need to screw around with the sound when somebody tries to play harp through a mic set up for vocals (and it will be reasonable to kill any harp player who uses the vocal mics).

You will notice on the Jamfest CD that those times when a vocal mic was used instead of a harp mic that I ran the clean harp through Amplitube to make it sound like a harp mic and amp was used.

Re: Re: Re: Stage Setup

jgourd said:
You will notice on the Jamfest CD that those times when a vocal mic was used instead of a harp mic that I ran the clean harp through Amplitube to make it sound like a harp mic and amp was used.

Cool :cool: I did not know that.

Not that a harp sounds bad through an SM58 or the like. But placing it directly against the mic set for vocals can be hazardous!

Slim and I both have Fender Acoustasonic amps; there is a direct send from the back of the unit. So recording the line sends from the acoustic amps will not be a problem, and we can handle the live sound end of things with the amps. The amps can also handle multiple instruments; mine has a couple of channels and I can bring a tube blender on top of that.

Looks like I will be bringing at least one low wattage amp that can be used for the harp players,.... and I did have one with me at last years gig,...altho, I don't think it was ever used,....

I will bring both again this year,.... I think in that respect, that Daf had a bullet mic with a volume control right on it,... and that seemed to be the way to go for any harp players,..... we'll have PLENTY of options I am sure of that,.....

and again,.... I will try to see if I can score the Therimin again.....

Gettin closer......

soon....

Steve

I'm bringing the same setup as last year.

2 electric guitars (yes, the popular maple/walnut Tele)
1 acoustic guitar
1 Vox Pathfinder 15R
1 MINI Cooper
Salhens Hot Dogs (made in Buffalo NY)
Webers Horseradish Mustard (made in Buffalo NY)
Hot Dog Rolls

1 SM57 mic
1 mic cord
1 mic stand
Yellow Boss Overdrive pedal
Sense of humor

Looking forward to August makes the summer last longer!

:)

Re: Stage Setup

jgourd said:

Channels 1-6 Drums
Channels 7-9 Guitar Amps
Channels 11-12 Vocals
Channels 17-18 Keyboards

Comments?

As much as I relish the free-for-all-let's all-jump-in-and-jam-at-the-same-time kraziness, I agree with you on some modicum of perf control. Also, as suggested by Tree and others in the past, some sort of playlist or plan of some kind could be established musically so we don't all go half-cocked in different directions. Of course free-flowing, riff-filled jammies and outside-the-box perf's of covers & standards along with bloops & bleeps are gonna' and should happen, it would be most chill if we can establish 2,3 or 4 songs done nice & tite!

Lastly you mentioned DI'ing the bass. Again, I'm bringing my 18", Peavy bass cab made luv to by a 400w Crate bass head. In addition, I'm including in my rig your basic ProCo70 DI and a
Aphex Bassbottom (which you just gotta' hear live!) for cab-micing purposes! So b-4 you commit to bass-direct, audience the bass in mic'd format THEN decide what you deem would be better!
O'Kay!

Peace
Q.rM

darrin_h2000 said:
If you get to do that then Im bringing my wall of marshalls. :)

As long as you intend to share. Don't bring any gear you don't indend to share. Instruments are different, you can hog those all you want, but amps are fair game.

Can those who are bringing amps and stuff show up early on Friday?

Back