It's Official!

60's guy

:( I'm getting old.

I'm planning to drive to South Carolina the first week of October and spent a couple of weeks on the road. I thought it would be wise to have an eye exam beforehand because I have been experiencing some vision problems.

Sure enough, I have baby cataracts. :mad:

I asked the youngish doc what causes it. With a smile on his face he said, "It can happen when you're getting older".

:(

I'm planning to drive to South Carolina the first week of October and spent a couple of weeks on the road. I thought it would be wise to have an eye exam beforehand because I have been experiencing some vision problems.

I asked the youngish doc what causes it. With a smile on his face he said, "It can happen when you're getting older".

a real monster this age thing innit

So what'll you have to do about it?

So what'll you have to do about it?
For the time being, nothing. If the baby cataracts develop into teenage size cataracts that's another story. We'll cut them out before I run the risk of losing my driver's license.

Doc seemed less concerned than I am.

All I know is that I have multiple pairs of eyeglasses for various yardages. Quite handy on the golf course. :D

My great grandma got lasic and she now has better vision than me.
I know quite a few people that have had lasic surgery that was highly successful, but the thought of Darth Vader hitting me in the eyeballs with his light sword is rather frightening. I am aware that current laser surgery is primarily computer controlled, but it still scares me.

You don't have to do anything until the headlights of the oncoming traffic look like bright dandelions.And carry a magnifying glass in your car. There's nothing more pathetic than getting lost and not being able to read a roadmap.

You don't have to do anything until the headlights of the oncoming traffic look like bright dandelions.And carry a magnifying glass in your car. There's nothing more pathetic than getting lost and not being able to read a roadmap.
I have all three of those symptons! :mad:

I'm gonna look into getting myself a pair of military spec prescription glasses. I hope there's a polarized sunglass option.

ASE-3.jpg

I think I'm gonna need reading glasses pretty soon. :o

Ever since I turned 40, my close up vision has been deteriorating! :(

Have fun on your road trip, Randy! ;)

Cheers! :)

You were old when I was in 5th grade.

I think I'm gonna need reading glasses pretty soon. :o

Ever since I turned 40,

I got glasses at 39.:mad: I was kicking ass before then, I had killa eyesight. One day I was in the video store and picked up a DVD. I couldnt see the names or even tell what the movie was.:D

I got glasses at 39.:mad: I was kicking ass before then, I had killa eyesight. One day I was in the video store and picked up a DVD. I couldnt see the names or even tell what the movie was.:D

Mine happened at 38...couldn't read the damned ticker thingy on tv anymore...noe I have restricted driving...:mad:

But, at least it's nothing like cataracts...just old eyes.

Good luck with it Randy....

I don't need glasses. I just don't pay any attention to the fine print. I do need help with opening bottles and jars. I also need to pee in the middle of the night and I get grumpy around noisy children and loud music. :D

Back