It's Official!

...and I've had at least three people on this board call me middle-aged.

Care yourself lucy... you dust Bombay bildete die Abkürzung before the Wall of Soles dried up and they stopped grieving. Now people are born without one.

Last edited:
I know quite a few people that have had lasic surgery that was highly successful, but the thought of Darth Vader hitting me in the eyeballs with his light sword is rather frightening. I am aware that current laser surgery is primarily computer controlled, but it still scares me.

I have had one eye done. I was scared stiff until they gave me the pre-med. I watched the whole thing and I was so wasted that it all looked interesting and psychadelic but not horrible! So my vision is crystal clear. I recommend it!

Count yourself lucky though... you just barley made the cutoff when the Well of Souls dried up and they stopped giving them out. Now people are born with one.

I don't get it, but just barley.;)

If the Well of Souls dried up, how can people be born with one? :confused:

I don't need glasses. I just don't pay any attention to the fine print. I do need help with opening bottles and jars. I also need to pee in the middle of the night and I get grumpy around noisy children and loud music. :D

since you cant see, I guess someone should tell you: Thats not you in your avatar, its SirN.:eek:

BTW, thanks for my avatar, I stole it from you.:cool:

I am starting to get called ma'am more and more.

I'm not a fucking ma'am yet!

When it happens I shoot em a look like I want their head to combust. Then they think I'm a mean ma'am.

I have had one eye done. I was scared stiff until they gave me the pre-med. I watched the whole thing and I was so wasted that it all looked interesting and psychadelic but not horrible! So my vision is crystal clear. I recommend it!

I had it done too a couple years ago, for cataracts brought on by diabetes. At the same time they improved my vision. It was wonderful because I was almost at the point where I could not drive at night.

The downside is that I've picked up quite a few floaters. The damn things really tick me off. In fact I think if I acquire a few more they'll turn me into a fully justified, card-carrying grumpy old man. :mad:

All I know is that I have multiple pairs of eyeglasses for various yardages. Quite handy on the golf course. :D

So it gets worse from here, eh? I'm just getting used to the 40-something blurs. I started to notice a couple years ago that when I was reading labels in the store it took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust when I looked up, or when I’m reading and look up at the TV it’s blurry for a bit.

I had a friend that had Lasik a few years ago and now he has great distance vision, but still has to wear reading glasses for close up. Getting it down to one pair of glasses is the best we can do I guess. :)

Heh, I remember when 20 seemed old... like one foot in the grave. :o

I got glasses at 39.:mad:
Bad eyes are hereditary in my family. I got my first pair of glasses when I was 14 years old. There were two styles of frames available...Buddy Holley or Roy Orbison. :eek:

Bad eyes are hereditary in my family. I got my first pair of glasses when I was 14 years old. There were two styles of frames available...Buddy Holley or Roy Orbison. :eek:

I still have the Buddy Hollys . . . they're good enough for Elvis Costello, they're good enough for me!!!

Back