its mikeing not micing!!!!!

Yes, it's clear the best minds of our generation can't come to a conclusion. I don't know whether to blame it on the right, with their insistence on test-result oriented teaching, in which items not on the test are not in the curriculum, or on the left with its insistence on the free will of the individual, in which everything, including orthographical precision, is allowed to ride merrily along to hell.

We must take a stand!

Harvey Gerst said:
Well, I'm looking for a mountain bicycle because I want to do some serious bicing to get some of this weight off. I figure I'll bic maybe a mile the first day, then just increase that distance till I've biced about five or ten miles a day.

PERFECT.... LOL

It goes to show language is not carved in stone. Slang comes in many forms and many spellings.

Mic, Bike, Dyke, Pike.... as long as you understand the context the spelling doesn't matter. This isn't a spelling B.. bBS

It can get confusing though....

If Mike is positioning the Mike is he moving himself or something else? If I pick Mike up and move him will I get hurt?

I think using the part name works best... Grab the 57 and put in here!

SoMm

Blue Bear & I hardly ever agree, but...

it's mic'ing and mic'd,... being AE specific jargon, & jargon does not always follow strict English guidelines.

If jargon did strictly follow English guidelines, I'd start a thread about SMPTE and SCSI, being an abuse of the language! For shame! :eek:

A Reel Person said:
it's mic'ing and mic'd,... being AE specific jargon, & jargon does not always follow strict English guidelines.

If jargon did strictly follow English guidelines, I'd start a thread about SMPTE and SCSI, being an abuse of the language! For shame! :eek:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=scsi
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?p=dict&String=exact&Acronym=SMPTE

those are all just acronyms though....which are accepted by the english language as using it as an ease of saying something.

hahaha, i know you do. just saying that jargon that is used excessively eventually becomes accepted as part of the english language. and acronyms are an example of this.

and truth is, who the hell cares. we work with sound...not words.

Back