its mikeing not micing!!!!!

Haha. That's funny that you tried to correct someone zazz, and yet you are completely wrong. What a douche bag!

pdadda said:
Haha. That's funny that you tried to correct someone zazz, and yet you are completely wrong. What a douche bag!

Hey Zazz, dont worry. pdadda is just mad because he's from N. carolina and had to marry his cousin.

So what do you get when you're in a room full of Arkansas women?

A full set of teeth. :eek:

Badump Ching. :rolleyes:

It's not any of those things! :eek:

It's receiving acoustic transduction signatures via moving coil electro-mechanical appliance! :rolleyes:

And you guys wonder why I stay away from this place?

Cheers! :)

stoctony said:
Hey Zazz, dont worry. pdadda is just mad because he's from N. carolina and had to marry his cousin.
LOL! You guys are a hoot. Of course, I know all about that being in Tennessee! :p

BTW, I would agree with mixmkr - it's mic'ing. If it was mikeing or miking, then you would spell it mikrophone or mikerophone instead of microphone. Well… maybe you do in Russia… I put in the apostrophe between "mic" and "ing" because “mic” is an abbreviation and not a word. (I hate being so anal, but I just can’t help myself!)

ok ok...its miking and i should have looked it up :o ...but in my defence i simply reacted and started this thread because this "micing" spelling when said in my head sounds like miceing..like iceing like from mice.......its really hard to read through all the threads with that spelling and it wasnt just once or twice...it was looking like everyone was starting to go that way...miking also looks wrong like "mick..ing" ie kicking but "mike..ing" like hikeing sounds just right.....the defence rests.

does it deserve its own thread....well probably not....but what the hell all you guys are reading it.

Rock 'n' Roll, R 'n' B, or R&B, R&R, don't, won't, ain't, mic., mic'ing, eatin', beatin', freakin', and she said, "I'm not gonna be mic'in' my freakin' solo again." F'ing M'er F'er. De-essin' thru the compressor setting sittin' on my rack shelf.

There is no basis for the gerund form to include a "k." It only has one because people insert one. We don't say "mikrophone."

Microphone
Mic
Micing
Mic'd

It's a bit like reading the signs in grocery stores for the "cukes" or the "cucumbers" - that include the apostrophes. Huh? Where'd that come from?

Back