It's About Me - Pop Song

Witti007

I found the lyrics of this song on the internet and about two years ago I started to write and produce a tune to go with them. I was never really satisfied with the sound of my recording, especially the vocals. Just recently Kayla Williams, an extremely talented young singer/songwriter from Canada, offered to help me finish the song. In my opinion she did an awesome job. Listen for yourself. The first feedback from a big German radio station was very motivating. I’d like to thank both Kayla Williams and Ray Bertram for helping me create this piece of music. Feedback is always appreciated.

All the best
Robert

SoundClick artist: Rob B (GER) - Rob B. a songwriter from Germany

IT’S ABOUT ME
(Bertram/Williams/Baitinger)

Verse 1:
I watch the sun go down
And I watch it rise
I’m watching my life pass
Right before my eyes
I feel myself slowly
Slipping away
But that ends right now
It ends right here today

Chorus:
Starting right now
It’s all about me
So much I wanna do
So much I wanna see
I wanna do it all
While I’m young and I’m free
So starting right now
It’s about me

Verse 2:
I’m gonna put down
What I got to do
And I’m gonna pick up
Just what I want to
There’s too many sweet dreams
That I want to chase
So I’m busting out
Of this mad rat race

Chorus

Bridge:
It’s my time to live
It’s my time to shine
Now it’s time for me
To take what is mine

Chorus

Music & lyrics: Ray Bertram, Kayla Williams, Robert Baitinger
Vocals / vocal production: Kayla Williams
Instruments / music production: Robert Baitinger

Don't take it as a sign of the song quality - it's definitely got a pro sound. Excellent both musically and vocally. It may be you are a relative unknown around here. Sometimes people hesitate to click on a new member's stuff. I took the chance and found a gem!

Sounds awesome! I...can't hear anything that's even a little bit off about it. The vocalist nailed everything, the mix is perfect, I'd almost accuse you for fishing for compliments if there weren't more experienced people here who might find something :p

Thank guys for your feedback. I’m definitely not fishing for complements. I posted this song in various forums and I’m getting completely different feedback. Several people think the drums have too much hall, others think the vocalist has enunciation problems and a lot of people say the song is just plain boring and the production lacks dynamics. And then there are a few who think I did everything right. Thanks again.

All the best
Robert

I thought it sounded good. Good singing voice.

Little clicks around 1:26 before the singer delivers the line "I'm gonna put down."

The bongo drums are a little wide. On earbuds they kind of bounce all over the place and take attention away from from the vocalist. I'd keep them, but move them a little towards center.

Sounds great to me. Very polished performances, recording and production. You call it a pop song but for me, the lack of a well defined chorus that is in itself catchy, means it falls short of being a radio hit but it is a very well crafted piece of work.

sound nice. i like the panned rhythm. great voice and performance. very good. i don't have anything to really add to make this better.

Thank you all for your input. I really appreciate it. Personally, I also think this production sounds pretty slick. I find it interesting that I'm getting very positive comments in American music forums and very harsh critic in European forums.

All the best
Robert

Production and performances are exceptional. I agree with beatlebum however - the song could be lifted to another level with a more defined chorus.

Hi Fat_Fleet, hey Muzwel,
the production of this track was one big experiment. I was playing around with a new sequencer which had a bunch of sampled instrument loops. I started layering different loops and before I learned how to change the key, the song was done. I added the vocals later. I did try to modify things later but I just kind of fell in love with the song the way it is here.
I appreciate your feedback.

Take care
Robert

Back