Is this it?

Nice song

Sounds good on my crappy speakers so I am sure it must sound great on better ones. Don't speak spanish, but still liked it. As for your topic, that hole in there is waiting to be filled by the one who gives life meaning, Jesus Christ. I hope that is what you were suggesting. If it is, I agree. Cool song though, if the guitars were heavier, it might almost sound kinda like "The Cult" from their earlier stuff.

Thumbs up from me

Brian

bueno,

aquí tenemos una canción en una "genre" la cual no oimos mucho en la idioma Castellana. Se escucha bien.

Very nice groove... and the playing is tight.

Some of the vocals (the soaring ones) "mi corazon..." are a bit flat... maybe there's too much reverb on that chorus "es esto todo"... the bass & kick drum seem to fight just a wee bit throughout... a slightly wider "slot" cut from the bass at around 90-100 would help the kick & you could then turn the kick drum track down some. A slight, narrow cut on the snare at 8kHz (only about 1db) would help it sound less "cheap".

Now, I know spanish (as a 2nd language, anyway ;))... and some of the words are still buried... a suggestion is to carefully go thru the mix, and wherever a word is buried, boost it in the mix. A volume envelope works well in a daw, or automation... If you have to do it by hand, it could really tie you up :(Guitars & bass seem to have some overlap, too. "Jigsaw" them a bit e.g. find the freq's that sound the best on both guits & bass, and "trade" (cut, for instance 1500 on guits, and 600-1200 on bass)... but not deep cuts...

Those rim hits are very nice...

¡Viva la canción! ;)

participant said:
bueno,

aquí tenemos una canción en una "genre" la cual no oimos mucho en la idioma Castellana. Se escucha bien.

oops... I meant "la idioma CASTILLA".... forgive my ESTUPIDEZ :D

SixStringBlues: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Glad you could figure it out. Actually this song is a part of a bigger project I'm working on in which the "character" lives an empty life until he finds Jesus and gives his life to Him. "Naces" and "Más" are song 1 and 2 of that project, and "¿Es esto todo?" is song 3. Thanks for your comments

Participant: Great, great advice. It's so nice to have knowledgable ?sp? people like you to help polish those mixes a bit. The drums are actually a soundfont (a very good one, IMHO) so I don't think I can work on the snare and kick, but I'll look in those guitar and bass advice. Muchas gracias por tu ayuda! PS. It's "El idioma castellano", you were wrong only in the genre (male)

Thanks for your time and ears!

Wow Flapo,what a great groove!
Definitly your best yet.

Great job of mixing the acoustic and electric!
Perfect fit.

Your acoustic playing rocks dude,I dig it mucho!:D
The electric was clean and big,sweet!

I thought the production was excellent,especially at 2:26 where you did that quiet part.

The only thing I heard was mabey a little less reverb on the vocals,especially the bg vox.
And the lead guitar at the end could be cleaner.
Just a minor thoughts on an otherwise great song.

Really good my friend.

Pete

muzeman said:
Wow Flapo,what a great groove!
Definitly your best yet.
Definitely your best. It's very cool to listen to people progress.
I like this a lot! Especialy the group vocals....very cool. I too would like a little less 'verb on the vocals and in fact the lead vocals need to come up some and be in front of the mix more. very cool tune and the acoustic line is great.

Decent song. Good sounding guitars.

Like the others, I thought the backing vocals in the chorus had too much reverb. All the voices seemed to "mash together." I'd bring up the lead vox in the verses myself. There's some real good singer there that's a bit tough to hear.

Thanks again, guys!

Muzeman: Thanks for your always constructive comments. I know what you mean about the chorus. What happened is that I bounced all the vox tracks in one but lost the originals, so when I realized they had too much verb there was nothing to do about it, and I was too lazy to redo them. Anyways, based on all the comments from you guys, I'll do it!.

Thanks for the comments on the electric, it was my Strat thru a Solid State Champion Amp!

Lt. Bob. Wow, thanks a lot! If I have made a progress at all is by no other reason than you guys and your comments, and of course all that I have learnt by listening advice and great music from people like you, muzeman, Sammy, mixmkr, etc.

TripleM: Your comments will be listened to, I assure you. I will definately lift the main vox a bit and as you read above I will re-record the chorus.

WOW

flapo1
This is a REALLY nice tune !!!
The recording is crisp and well balanced, the drums sound great, and the different voices really add alot of depth to the mix!

This is one of your best yet!
Man......I have my work cut out for me!!:(

Keep it up!
Joel

thanks a lot jcmm for your input, glad you liked it!

I didn't understand your work comment :confused:

Thanks again to all the people who had the time to listen and post your very, very helpful comments.

jcmm
muzeman... thanks, bro!
lt. bob ... I got a celebrity in my thread ! :)
Triple M
Participant... gracias amigo
six string blues... thank you too, bro. Glad you related to the song

and everyone who listened but for some reason couldn't post a comment!

Dios los bendiga a todos!

nice acc gtr tone ... one of the things I noticed is you have two acc gtr tracks and they are different parts and jumping from one ear to another taking attention from the vocal ... also you got to check your monitoring when you sing you are flat throughout the song ...

Hi Fed!

As always very constructive yet direct comments there. For the acc. guitar tracks, that's what I intended, to create an interplay between them, not to take away attention from the vocals, but as a musical idea. What I need to do is lift the vox a tad in that part of the song.

Well, as for the flat vocals, :o :o I don't thing I'd have to check my monitoring, but my vocal cords! LOL :D But seriously, I do think I need less flattering monitors, cause right now I use a pair of Pioneer consumer speakers (they're not that bad, though, just too flattering).

Hey, Fed, I'd like to hear some work of yours soon!

sorry to rag on your vocals so much ... :) they are most glaring thing for me. I heard you sing in tune so I know you can do it...

as for more music from me ... not right now my friend ... :) I'm 5 days away from due date ... so it'll be a while till I get to recording again ...

I didn't understand your work comment

This means that I keep listening to stuff in this forum, and then I listen to my stuff. In the end my stuff needs work.............and each time I hear what I think to be great music that work load just gets bigger for me !!:mad: :D ;)

Seriously, I really like the flavor of your tunes!

Very nice playing. The instrumental mix sounded good over here, but the vocals sounded pretty buried and maybe too much verb too -- imhop -- :)

I like the way the tune moves and I like the subtle organ you have in there.

Other than the vocals sounding so far back, the rest of the mix sounds real good!

good tune flap.. I think this is probably the best tune I've heard from you.. Maybe a bit much reverb on the backing tracks.. it sounds like you were going for a crowd type vocal and maybe adding more vocal tracks to that part might sound better than adding a lot of reverb, but if it sounds how you want, than just ignore my comments. I like the acoustics and the low organ too.. nice job!

jcmm: one tends to be too hard on oneself, I'm sure your work is great, put a link so I can tell you you're wrong! :D

boydrj: Thanks for the comment. Sometimes I put a lot on effort in the instrumentals and leave the vox till the last minute. Probably the verb you mean is in the "¿Es esto todo?" chorus. I'll definately redo that part.

BSABBATH: Great to see you here, pal! Specially from someone I admire his work so much. I confess :o ... I was too lazy to do more vocals in the group chorus and tried to solve it with effects. So, I will absolutely NOT ignore you! :) Sorry!

Barometer: It's a bit abrupt because chances are that it will have some kind of sound effects at the end and beginning, because it's part of a wannabe "concept" album. Either that or I'll make a long fade out in the las 30"

Thanks everyone again! You guys rock!!!!! :D :D :D

Back