Is this it?

When I see your name flapo, I can't help thinking El flapo.

Are you ready for that upgrade? Your music is certainly good enough!!

GT

"El flapo".... sounds good. Like a character in a Robert Rodríguez Film...

:D

But if you guys knew that's what I called my "teddy" whales when I was a kid... (ones I bought at Sea World) :o

Ahhh... acoustics. My soft spot. There's something weird in the snare. Like it's coming from some weird-ass place upside-down. Some weird phasing effect or something?

Too much reverb on the vocals in the beginning harmony part. The verse vocals could be more upfront too, perhaps louder, perhaps less reverb. I dunno. I like the electric guitars too. The drums are good, but that snare thing baffles me.

Hi there, Cranky.

The drums are a soundfont by an italian guy, so don't blame me... :D ;)

But actually what I like the most of them are precisely the snare and kick, but anyway it's juts my taste.

And yes, the vocals in the chorus are indeed too chorused and the lead vox needs to be a tad louder.

Thanks for your time and ears!

Hey Flapo,
This is the first thing that ive had a chance to hear from you. Very nice man. Very nice guitar work and vocs. I wish i spoke spanish, so I could tell what it was you were singing about....... but whatever it is....... sounds good to me:). Youve heard enough about the overprocessed background vocs, so i wont go there. The snare bugs me a little bit, but thats just preference.

Very nice recording and performance man.....

G

Que Pasa esai !!?? Tu musica' es MALO!!!!!! :cool:

I noticed infusions of rock and funk with a bit of latin jazz all combined to produce a jammie that had my alchohol-filled body
bouncin' to!!! As a matter a fact, I just burned this to c/d to play
in my truck!!
Wait....... This may not mean much to you amigo, but the bass drum was tracked MADDD-TIGHT!!!:cool: Git's was on point!!!
Would luv the bassist to be a lil mo' in the front,but that's just me!! THIS is some baddd sh#t U got here!!! MUCHO CALIENTE !!!!

Luv fusion-jammies like this!!!!

Tu esta EL HOMBRE!!!

(Pls 4-give my Espanol as I'm wayyy rusty!!)

Guernica:

Thanks a lot! I thought you spoke spanish 'cause of the nickname and the fact that you live in california (lot of mexican over there...including my brother in law). Well, anyway, the lyrics go kinda like this:

Is this it?

I've had everything I want
I've tasted all pleasures
Possessed all my wishes
And nothing can fill
this hole in my heart

Is this it? (nothing more?)
(that fills my soul)
(the emptiness)
(that rejoices my heart)

I've gone round in my mind
I've denied what my soul feels
I've forbidden myself to be loved
And nothing can fill the emptiness in my heart

Look by, all that I was
is lost in the mist of nothing

Is this it? (I want to love)
(and to be loved)
REPEAT

QQ boy! Welcome, bienvenido maestro!

I'm so glad you dropped by and of course that you liked my little jammie. When are you gonna post more stuff? I liked it a lot, brutha. Mmmmmhhhh... the bassist.... is.... well.... a programmed soundfont :o I wish I could play bass that tight! But the guitars are me all the way.

I'm flattered that you burned a CD with my song :D :D
What more can I say? When I get to work I check my mail and when I read all the posts from all you so kind guys makes the hairies in my arms stand up!

Thanks guys! All of you!

Very cool,

The music is excellent........
the lyrics are..........are.........are..........

well shit............there in Spanish.........no habla.......:D

I dig the guitar but the acoustic pan left is faint when it does kick in.........the lead guit is awesome but a little too up front in the mix....sort of kills your really good vox harmonys.......
Bass is perfect............nice groove....

The drums..they are programmed....very good sound but a little canned....yes?

Excellent tunage amigo....gracias for sharing man.....

Later,
Joe(aka joro)

Toki: Thanks again for your comments (forgot to say before)

joro: The lyrics are translated in a post I did before (I think two above this one), hope you dig them. I plan to put some real drums instead the programmed ones, as well as the bass. About the lead guitar, well, let's put it this way... I'd rather hear me playing guitar than singing :D

Back